Recently in How was your day dear? Category

OMFG!  Not backdating!! ;)

Monday.  Slept ok.  Ok day I guess.  In the evening I got up to labelling the photo of sad bean!  This was a baked bean Stu had at breakfast one morning on our UK 2010 holiday.  It had a crease and a couple of specks of pepper at just the right spots to make the bean look like it had a sad face.  Stu couldn't bear to eat sad bean, and I don't like baked beans, so that poor little bean didn't get eaten, which was even sadder!  I might have had a little sad ten years later just labelling the photo I took of it :(:(

Sad bean is sad!

Up to episode 7 of Against the Wind.

Tuesday.  Hurty woke me up and kept me awake for an hour and a half.  But otherwise slept ok. 

<work rant snipped>

But look!  Itty bitty Cape Weed flower!

Itty bitty Cape Weed flower

Leftovers for dinner, UK labelling and episode 8 of Against the Wind.

Wednesday.  All the stoopid.  I don't even remember what now.  I ranted to Stu over a drink at Beirut Bunker Bar and pushed it from my memory.  

Beirut Bunker Bar Canberra

Stopped in at the markets on the way home to go to the chemist, and the sweetie even cooked dinner! :)

I thought this looked pretty cool - looks a bit like the Matterhorn!
Markets Matterhorn?

Thursday.  Filled with rage at someone watching Bathurst near me at work without a headset - not even at their desk, but in our area because their own desk is outside the exec offices and that would look bad.  And three or four conversations going on around me meant for NOISE and I seriously nearly lost it.  Fortunately I have the bestest boss ever and he went and muted Bathurst for me so I didn't go postal.  Watched the second episode of the French sun documentary.

Neil and I saw these at lunch on Thursday.  Not a huge amount of information on the Beam website, you need to download the app to find out useful stuff, you know, like where you can ride them.  45c/minute introductory rate to ride one.  Wonder how well they'll last.  I wouldn't mind taking one for a trip around the lake :)
Beam scooters

Friday.  Deleting all the things!  Did a massive cleanup of routes in the morning, and cleared out a big decommissioned app in the afternoon.  In between I had lunch at Herbert's with Tony and the Chrises.  Big lunch, so dinner was a small serving of popcorn (needed some fibre to counteract all the meat I had at lunch).  Watched Arrietty in the evening, which we last (first) saw at the movies in 2012.  The movie is based on the "The Borrowers" books which really annoys me as a title because they're not borrowing, they're *stealing*.  Just sayin!

Saturday.  Slept well.  A day of All The Things.  We did do a quick Bunnings run and food shop.  I'd already voted during the week so didn't get a democracy sausage (I think a lot of places aren't doing them anyway), but Bunnings has started up their sausage sizzles again, but they load the sauces for you.  So not quite as pretty as a photo as my actual democracy sausage featured on Atlas (Gastro) Obscura :)

Bunnings sausage

Stu cooked dinner which was lovely of him - grilled eggplant with a sauce of miso, mirin, and sake.  Quite yummy.

Sweetie's eggplant

In the evening we watched the first episode of season 3 of Discovery.  I enjoyed the first season, but the second season just got way too convoluted and hard to follow.  The first episode of this season was fine, hopefully this season won't be as complicated as the last.  Up to episode 9 of Against the Wind.  

Sunday.  Today.  For once I'm not backdating.. craziness I know!  Woke up at 3:45 to go to the loo but didn't get back to sleep for hours.  At 4:51 I got up to have some cheese because I was hungry.  Apparently just a little bit of eggplant and rice isn't enough to keep me full all night.  I did eventually get a bit more sleep, including have a dream that I was staying at Dooce's house, and it was *massive* and Stu for some reason was sleeping in some other building on the *campus*, and I was talking to Leta about what life was like being the daughter of such a famous blogger.  So a pretty slow start.  Did a few things on the todo list.  I was going to do some more Lego part picking of Vic's sets, but by the time I'd gotten the files organised and found the sets and gone through them for what they had already it was after lunch.  Then we went and visited Annie/Stu/Immy, and then came home and did cooking and photo processing and blogging and suddenly it's nearly dinner time.  Hrmmmmm.

Backdating, cause I'm a slacker ;)

Tuesday.  Woke up at 5am for over an hour.  Meh day at work.  Taco Tuesday.

Wednesday.  Woke up at like 4am.  Crazy intense day of meetings.  Rollout planned for the afternoon didn't work.  Part of it we had no idea why, another part we realised before we started it wasn't going to work so didn't go ahead.  Meanwhile all my other work is slipping.  Hrmm.  After the failed rollout Neil and I went to the Labor Club (first time since last year!) and debriefed over a bottle of bubbles.  We actually came up with some ideas.  For dinner I cooked chicken thighs, with a lemon/butter/thyme sauce inspired by @phonakins.

Lemon thyme chicken

Lemon thyme chicken

Had a game of Kismet with Kit and Pete, that Pete won, but no UK photo labelling.

Thursday.  No slide scanning other than finishing off yesterday's roll (*going* to work sux!!  Doesn't leave me nearly enough time in the mornings (or evenings)).  Watched the second episode of Against the Wind.

Friday.  Woke up at 4:40.  OK day.  It was actually pretty quiet (some hardware problems had a lot of people offline that would usually be sending me work).  In fact I wandered off for an hour and a half in the afternoon to get stuff done around the house.   See, working from home is much more efficient.  I can flex off for an hour or two when the workload is light.  If I was *at* work I'd have to hunt around for things to do.  Not that I don't have any shortage of things to do, my todo list is a hundred years long, but sometimes on a Friday afternoon you'd rather just be tidying the house.  Did a Bunnings run and some food shopping (omfg Coles was closed! Some eftpos issue affecting their stores nationwide, so we went to Aldi, and fortuntely they had a caramel mudcake that I wanted to get for David's birthday), and may have had the Scottish Restaurant for dinner.  Watched episode 3 of Against the Wind.  Had to laugh and the really bumpy camerawork while they were following people walking/on horseback - no steadycams in 1978!!  

Saturday.  Slept in til 6:20!!  Felt so much better.  Got ready then basically just started prepping lunch.  There might have been a slightly epic lamb roast for the little brother's birthday lunch :)

Lamb roast for David's birthday

A few peeps came over to wish him a happy birthday :)

David's birthday

David's cake

I might have eaten too much ;)  

Watched some more Against the Wind, but I have to keep stopping it to go look up the history (the series was based on actual events).  In the evening we watched David Attenborough's Witness Statement, which was completely depressing for the first half.  There was more of a message of hope in the second half.  Stop breeding.  Check.  Go solar.  Coming soon.  Eat less meat.  Need to work on that one.

Sunday.  Mostly decent sleep.  Just did All The Things all day.  Managed to chip one of the good bowls while doing the washing up which gave me an epic sad.  I searched and searched everywhere for that chip but never found it.  I was hoping to minimise the impact by supergluing it back on, but it vanished off the face of the earth :(  In the evening we shared a bottle of McGuigan's shiraz that I bought on our Hunter Valley trip in 2012, and funnily enough I was wearing the same tshirt Sunday as the day I bought it :) 


Watched the first episode of a French documentary on the sun, and episode 6 of Against the Wind.

Backdating, cause I'm a slacker! ;)

Monday.  Slept well.  Ok day at work, although I felt like I was waiting for everyone for stuff, and I was just in limbo.  Leftover brisket and salad for dinner.  Got kitchen cleaned and UK photos done by 19:30 so got stuck into blogging.  An hour and a half later and still not caught up.

More golden fields

Tuesdsay.  Went to the chemist at lunch.  But the markets are closed Monday/Tuesday which made for an eerie place to go.  But they did have Floriade there too!

Deserted markets

Deserted markets

Floriade at Belconnen Markets

Floriade at Belconnen Markets

Floriade at Belconnen Markets

Floriade at Belconnen Markets

Floriade at Belconnen Markets

Floriade at Belconnen Markets

Wednesday.  Woke up at 4:30 and never got back to sleep.  Another day of stoopid meetings.  Was going to wait for the sweetie, but I'd had enough by 4pm and went to meet the sweetie for a drink, followed by dinner at Happys.

Rain drenched poppies

Happy's salt and pepper squid

Happy's shandong chicken

Thursday.  More expensive drinks at Pot Belly.

Friday.  Woke up at 3:30, think I only got about fifteen minutes more sleep just before 6am.  Hurrah.  Lunch with Tony/Jess/Keira at Herbert's, but I'll stick that in another post.  In the evening headed into Belco for C's birthday pot luck barbeque.  A whole crowd of "neurodiverse" people, such as are her friends :)  A very pleasant evening by the lake, and we were among the last to leave, and still managed an early night :)

Birthday bbq at the lake

Birthday bbq at the lake


Saturday.  Logged into work to try and finish off some work I didn't have time for on Friday (too much stoopid) but Notes had crashed, so it was a sign to just shut it all down.  Then we headed out to the club.  Stu read a book outside while I did another coat of primer on the main benchtops, and started some more of the cabinetry as well.


The boys had stained the dick as well

Oiled dick

Happy hour started super early (like 15:30!) and Rob and Lyn brought *heaps* of food, which ended up being our dinner.  We avoided the various parties around the place and had a nice quiet evening by the fire (not that we needed the fire - the day had been super hot!).

Sunday.  Woke up at ~1am and didn't get back to sleep for like four hours, and then only had a little more.  Heard people going home from parties at 3am new time (2am old time).  Headed home in the morning (we could have stayed another night but Stu thought we should go home). 

Found out all that yellow stuff around Canberra is Cape Weed, an invasive species from South Africa.
Fields of Cape Weed

I was so tired it was a bit of a nothing day.  All I managed to achieve was towel washing and jigsaw.  Had roast pork for dinner and watched Ponyo.

Monday.  Woke up at 5am (new time, so really 4am old time).  But!  All the things!!  Had a really productive day.  Started watching Against the Wind (more on that in another post).  Did some blogging catchup, although no UK photo labelling.

Backdating cause I'm an epic slacker!

Monday.  Slept well.  Should have been a good start to the week right?  Except I logged onto work and my Notes profile had been completely blatted which made me all kinds of grumpy.  Then I bit my mouth *hard* while eating an apple for morning tea.  Too many stoopid useless waste of time meetings.  Stu had some Ikea shelves delivered, but turns out he'd mixed up the height/width measurements, so they weren't going to fit like he thought.  Yeah I was pretty pissed off by the end of the day.  David and Stu built the shelves.  The third one in the set didn't fit there, but we did find another spot for it in the room which actually works out ok.

New shelves

There were fields of yellow though..

Golden fields

And storms and rainbows and stuff..

Double rainbow


Double rainbow

This was more like the real colour of the sky

Double rainbow

Tuesday.  Slept well.  Actually had a good day at work.  Got a bunch of tickets done, decided I was going to build some servers, did up all the doco/paperwork for them, got them built and configured, ready for Neil to play with.  David also went to Fyshwick and got me a new fish tank lid to replace the one I smashed - bestest brother ever!!!   But $25 for a single piece of glass though - ouch!  I remember when you could get whole tanks for that price.  He also mowed some of the lawn until the bin got too heavy.  Have I mentioned I have the bestest brother ever??  He and Stu also had a fiddle with the stoopidly expensive 4' fish tank LED lights - one of the transformers had gone POP the other week.  Completely non-standard of course and irreplacable.  

Wednesday.  All the stoopid.  

Thursday.  Actually went to work.  Pot Belly for drinks.  They really need to open up work drinks again - $39 for a round for three people *hurts*.  Came home and watched the Simpsons episode on video game violence, followed immediately by the High Score episode on video game violence.  heh.  Finished Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo.

Friday.  Thoroughly grumpy with the world.  Had been fighting all week with Dream11 - some sports betting company in India.  Some retard signed up with my gmail email address and I couldn't get it shut down and I couldn't get onto their support forms because they either redirected away from the form depending what option you tried, or the captcha wouldn't load, or if it did load the form wouldn't actually submit.  I was getting more and more frustrated and angry.  But I finally finally, after a week, managed to get the form to submit.  They wouldn't remove my email address from their systems no no no, buttplugs, but they did at least suspend the account and promise not to ever spam me.


We might have made evil nachos for dinner.

Evil nachos

Watched Tales from Earthsea in the evening which I quite enjoyed.  Stu had read all the books.  I wouldn't mind reading them.

Saturday.  Housework and slide scanning in the morning.  Mostly finances in the afternoon.  Cooked epic beef brisket all afternoon.  

Watched the last episode of High Score in the evening.

Sunday.  Productive day doing All The Things.  Well not all.  That never happens.  But a lot.  Roast lamb for dinner, but hardly any leftovers, whoops.

Backdating, story of my life ;)

So where were we?  I'd been sick.  Starting Friday afternoon, most of Saturday in bed or sitting in the car.  On Sunday I felt a little better although super tired on account of very little sleep.  I decided it would depend how much sleep I got whether I would feel up to going to work on Monday.

Monday.  I actually slept really well - and for nine hours!  I was feeling a lot better, so thought I'd go to work, and go have a lie down if things got too much.  But I was actually ok all day so that was nice.

Front door view

Had all my UK photo labelling done before dinner which was good.  Had a bit more of a think about hosting and gallery apps.  Had a serious meltdown because I was feeling underappreciated for all the cooking and cleaning I do.

And the kitchen light fitting caught this epic centipede.


Tuesday.  Woke up at 3:30 and never got back to sleep *sigh*.  Did a bit of UK photo labelling but stopped at Stonehenge - because a couple of hundred photos will basically just be a copy/paste so will be very quick to do.  Instead I was looking at cameras (mmm Sony A7C) and playing with Geosetter (see Geosetting for Fun and Pleasure).  

Wednesday.  Slept well.  Seems I can only sleep well every other day.  Got myself a gmaps api key (see previous geosetting link).

Thursday.  Slept well.  Two nights in a row!  Went into work for the day - six months to the day that I started working from home.  Went up to Pot Belly for drinks after work.  Watched the second episode of the Netflix show "High Score" (watched the first one the other night, not sure when).

Friday.  Woke up at ~1am til well after 4am *sigh*.  I'd planned to take a random day off, which was going to be a bit sucky to be so tired through.  Had a bit of a slow start then got stuck into my day.  I thought I'd do some fish tank stuff in the morning, then maybe some tax stuff in the afternoon.  Well the fish stuff took All. Day.  I started with the upstairs two foot (and managed to smash the lid in the sink when I was cleaning it :(:(:( ), moved onto Chrissie's tank after a break, then the angel tank (with no angels in it), and finally the downstairs two foot.  With an hour at work in the afternoon for a meeting.  I had plans for the other tanks too, I just ran out of time. 


I also took photos of the new bracket David installed out the back for the clothes line.  This way you can extend the line only half way out - where it's all under cover - so if it's going to be rainy it'll stay out of the elements.  Have I ever mentioned I have the bestest brother ever?  And this was after he mowed the front lawn as well.  He's just too awesome :)

Under cover line

Under cover line

Caught a bus into town (second bus in six months).  Met up with the sweetie and Damien who were having a drink, then we went to Happy's for dinner.

Stu at Happy's

Came home and watched third episode of High Score.

Saturday.  Slept well!  Hurrah!  I didn't think I would on account of all the meat I had for dinner at Happy's.  Stu was still sick though.  He had a full week at home off sick, then all this week he was still coughing and spluttering, but his work would still rather he went to the office than work from home and keep his germs to himself.  Silly people.  

Just a man and his lizard

Did quite a lot of stuff on the todo list - which worked out to mostly fixing up slide scanning (the dust and scratch filter is sometimes a bit too enthusiastic and blats out real details, so have to redo those with no filter), photo processing, and blogging.  We felt like wedgies for dinner, so that's what we had!  With lots of sour cream and sweet chili sauce.  Watched the fourth episode of High Score, then Spirited Away, which I first (and last saw) in 2005 in Brisbane.  I had no memories at all of it.  Hurrah for dementia.  Hrmm.

Home made wedgies

Sunday.  Hurty kept me awake for hours in the middle of the night so that sucked.  Bit of a nothing day in the end.  Did a bit of blogging.  

Petal snow

David brought home a packet of Dinner Winner, so I had to make that for our dinner :)  Watched a documentary on Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the evening.

Dinner Winner

Not backdated, but no photos, will update with photos later.

Monday.  Noticed the sucking cat fish hadn't moved from yesterday.  I put my hand in the tank to poke it to see if it was alive, and it was COLD!!  15C!!  Fricken heater must have died.  No wonder the angel had died.  And the cory looked pretty sick too, and they hadn't eaten the algae wafer I gave them on Saturday.  Brought up a little heater from the empty two foot from downstairs.  But after being plugged in and running all day, the tank had only risen a couple of degrees in temperature.  Did my quota of UK labelling, washing up and finished a jigsaw by 19:30, so on to cull Tumut photos for the blog.

Ya great galah

Tuesday.  Had to go into work - first time I'd done any work in the office since May.  I'd rather be at home.  But did go and have Kingsleys with the guys which was nice.  After lunch was a very draining meeting with vendors.  Blerf.  Meanwhile it's all happening for Kit and Pete - sold two houses and bought another in the space of a couple of weeks!  Cooked Coles chicken kievs and home-made wedgies.  Got quota of UK photos labelled (finished day 22), but didn't have the energy for Tumut photo culling.

Wednesday.  Turned the heater on in the morning but nothing happened.  It's been so warm these past few days.  It was still 19 in the house (heater was on 17).  Fish tank still slowly warming up.  However it was a cold day, and the house didn't warm up at all from the sun, in fact it kept getting colder, so turned the heater on (up to 18).

When you open your front door and this is what you see...
Front door view

Thursday.  Scanned the 100th box of Dad's slides.  The fish tank had actually cooled down again overnight :(  That little 25W heater is just not up to the task.  I found a bigger one downstairs, but it hadn't been plugged in in forever, so wouldn't trust the seals on it, so mounted it so it wouldn't be submerged.  It managed to heat up the tank quite nicely.  Also after relative peace and quiet for the past month or so, one of the neighbours dogs has started barking on and on and on again.  Epic #grunt.  Went to the chemist at lunch, and did a couple of hundred dollars worth of shopping while waiting.  Whoops.  Watched start of Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo.

I didn't buy this but maybe I should have!
Smells like burnt rope doused in seawater

I did actually buy this because Scott and Dee had some at the club back in July - very nice!
Dead mans fingers spiced rum

Friday.  Morning was fine.  But afternoon was crap.  Couldn't get stuff to work, stoopid firewall is still being stoopid, and had that telltale feeling of getting sick - sore throat, coughing, just not feeling right.  I should point out that Stu came down sick on Sunday, four days after last contact with David, but he hadn't had contact with anyone else since then.  So we knew it wasn't going to be covid, but he was so sick he ended up taking the entire week off.  And he got a covid test.  And it was negative.  Like we knew it would be.  But it was fairly inevitable that I'd get sick too.  And I did.  Sigh.  Stu cooked dinner - some of my mince mix with peri peri sauce for a nice warmth, on toast with cheese.  Watched The Cat Returns which was a bit of fun, and the return of The Baron!

My local floriade

Saturday.  Woke up very early.  But my body is allergic to actual sleep.  Lay in bed all morning, alternating between pretending to sleep and colouring in Happy Colour.  Went back to bed for a bit after lunch.  The sweetie felt like going on a drive, so sat in the car and we drove around Denman Propect and the Cotter and came back via Uriarra Crossing.  Nice drive with the sweetie. 


Denman Prospect

Coppins Crossing

Denman Prospect

Denman Prospect



Cotter Dam

Cotter River bridge

Cotter picnic area

Cotter Dam

Uriarra Crossing

Canberra sewage treatment plant

Stu cooked dinner using some more of my mince, cabbage, sushi rice and seasonings.  He called his Japanese inspired chop suey.  It was tasty and everyone went back for seconds.

Stu's Japanese inspired chop suey

Sunday.  Went to bed early, but only managed an hours sleep by 3:30.  Got a few hours after that.  My body refuses to sleep at the best of times, but add not being able to breath and a sore spine and I've got no hope.  Another day of laying in bed all morning not sleeping.  David cooked ham and cheese panckes for lunch.  This afternoon was just blogging and we have a lamb roast in the oven for dinner.

Ham and cheese pancakes

Roast lamb

Backdating, and also no photos yet, I just haven't processed them yet.  At some point you should reload the September page, as there's going to be a bunch of backdated posts and updates with photos.

So Monday had peeps over for pizza for Stu's L'th.  So no UK photo labelling.

Tuesday.  Back to work.  Sigh.  Also.  David is sick with a cold.  Spent the entire night processing photos and blogging for previous weeks, so no UK photo labelling.

Wednesday.  David went for a covid test (it's not going to be covid), picked up supplies, then went home.  Once again photo processing and blogging so no UK photo labelling.

Thursday watched Herbie Rides Again, which was very silly, but the best part was Helen Hayes playing basically the same sweet little old lady as in Flying High.  David's covid test was negative (we knew it would be).

Friday.  Awake for hours in the middle of the night.  Hurrah.  Ok day.  Watched Princess Mononoke, which I found really quite irritating.  Normally there's good guys and bad guys in a story, but in this one everyone is a bit of both, so it's like, do we like these characters or not?  And ultimately no consequences for being evil, the "bad guys" (if you can call them that) win and carry on as before.  Urgh.  So annoying.  

Saturday.  Ploughed through the todo list.  Lost the my angel fish which was pretty sad.  Happy one day, dying the next.  Sigh.  Watched the original Mulan (we don't have premium so can't see the new one yet).  

White pea plants

Sunday.  Ploughed through the todo list. 

Blue tongue in the back yard

Dragonfly in the back yard

In the afternoon cooked for three hours straight.  Cooked up taco mince for during the week.  Cooked up a kilo pack of mince with onion, garlic and bacon to be used with whatever takes our fancy.  Cooked up some chicken thighs to have with Pataks later in the week.  And also cooked the sunday roast - tuscan drumsticks, potato bake, roast pumpkin, zucchini and carrot. 

Cooking all the food

Tuscan drumstick roast

In the evening watched My Neighbours the Yamadas.  Man the Ghibli films keep going downhill.  Not even a movie as such, just an animated comic book where each character gets a chance to show how it sux to be them.  I had restless legs the entire way through, and made the sweetie come sit with me instead of just playing his game so he could see what I had to suffer through.  Yeup.

Hey!  Not backdating for a change! ;)

But I'm also not doing a full week - just last week before the weekend.

Tuesday.  Woke up at 5:57 - two minutes earlier than yesterday :)  Tried contacting the plumber again, and Sefton House in Tumut.  By Tuesday neither the caravan park or Sefton House had replied (story in previous entry).  But at least the plumber got back to me - had no idea what happened to my previous email.  Took ages in the evening to do UK photo labelling.

My little friend

Wednesday.  Woke up at 3:30 and didn't get back to sleep til well after 5am :(  Plumber came and spent ages testing stuff, and thinks it's most likely the waterproofing behind the tiles.  Which is exactly what Pete said.  I don't understand how *so much* water can leak through grout.  I mean I know it's not completely waterproof, but I thought it wouldn't leak like a sieve.  David hung around for much of the morning while I was at work.  Did I mention I have the bestest brother ever? :)  In the afternoon had a real estate agent over to give a bit of a valuation on the place, purely for interests sake.  Only took three goes to get all the movies off my phone in the evening.

Thursday.  Had better sleep.  Too much stoopid during the day.  Watched Whisper of the Heart in the evening. It was so real you could basically go to (almost) any of the locations and see them in real life.  Apparently one kid in a movie theatre was heard to say they could see their house!

Friday.  Tried to reboot my computer because it had run out of ram, and I wanted to do some more Tumut research.  But it sat patching for *hours* so lost the entire evening, which I really really needed.  #grunt

Short blog entry tonight, will do Tumut separately.  When I process the 940 Canon photos and 327 iPhone photos .. hrmmm!!

A pig's gotta fly

| | Comments (0)

Still backdating ;)

Tuesday.  Slept ok, woke up on time. 



Tree guys came in the morning and trimmed our hedge back.  I told them to be brutal.  They complied.

Hedge before

Hedge after

Insanely crazy busy the rest of the day.  Although maybe I wouldn't have felt so bad if I'd been able to do my work in peace without ten different people talking to me non-stop all afternoon.  Sigh.  Watched the very last episode of Fuller House.  It was such a pity they could never get the Olsen twins to put in an appearance, because they had the rest of the cast which was just amazing to have the same group of people still working together for well over thirty years.  I don't know of any other show like it that has done anything remotely like what they did.  Just amazing.  Loved it.  Finished Day 19 of UK photo labelling.

Wednesday.  Slept ok.  Tackled the ticket queue I'd been ignoring yesterday afternoon, and played whack-a-mole with it most of the day.  Super heavy rain a couple of times during the day.  It was like night time, day time, night time, day time.  I watched the last two episodes of The Miraculous Mellops - and I was right about who the new Grand Baby was ;)  We also started on The Simpsons on Disney+.

Floriade site

Thursday.  Rage quit over people hassling me to do stuff.  I have this irrational rage at people that hassle me to do stuff while I'm literally doing stuff for them.  Then there were the people who hassled me in one system, and not five minutes later hassled me with direct messaging as well.  Drives me nuts.  Watched Derren Brown's The Push.  The whole Weekend at Bernie's reference had me cacking myself.  But I can't believe it could all be real.  Those people weren't showing any remorse or trauma at all.  If it was real, there should be arrests.  Seriously.  

Friday.  Up to episode three of The Simpsons.  But getting really annoyed at the cropping they did to get it onto 16:9 screens.  So I Googled that crap.  As of May, Disney+ had set a toggle switch so you can watch it the original aspect ratio.  Much more betterer!  Then watched Porco Rosso which I actually really enjoyed.  It has flying in it, but it's more realistic.  

Saturday.  Housework.  All.  Day.  Stu found a recipe for a vegan lasagna that said something like twenty minutes prep time.  It took him three hours.   !!  Craziness.  Had Nelson and Susan over for dinner.  Had a game of Roborally which Susan won, and a couple of games of Fluxx.

The sweetie making vegan lasagna

Not actually a vegan cake - they used eggs from chickens they knew
Not vegan cake


I won this game of Fluxx

Sunday.  Bit of a late night but not too crazy.  But woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.  Hardly did anything all day.  Roast pork for dinner.  Watched Pom Poko in the evening.  OMFG what a completely bizarre movie.  Really didn't like this one very much.


Epic pork crackling

Charred brussels sprouts

Monday.  Woke up at 5:59 - right on time!  Ok day for a Monday.  Spent all evening trying to sort out accomodation in Tumut for the next weekend.  The problem with small places is their websites are very amateurish.  Sefton House said there were three different queen rooms, but it really wasn't clear which ones had ensuites and which had "exclusive" bathrooms.  And they never answered the query I sent them.  The caravan park looked like they had some lovely cabins by the river, but it was basically impossible to tell which cabin you were trying to book on their online web form.  At least they did respond (eventually) to my query, but the ones we wanted were all booked out.  I actually didn't want to commit to anything too far in advance - I didn't want to be up for a few hundred dollars if one of us got sick and we had to cancel.  So that was all very blah.  And didn't get my quota of photos labelled.

Backdating, because I'm a slacker... ;)  Also I think there was an entry or two in the July archives you might not have seen if you don't use an rss feed reader.  

Monday.  5am wakeup.  Sore spine, numb hands, full bladder.  Sigh.  Tired all day.  Hid out in do not disturb mode all morning and caught up on all Thursday and Friday's tickets.  Long weekends are never long enough!    Tried to read stuff but too many interruptions in the afternoon.  Got my UK photo labelling done a bit early then went into battle with Apple to get the movie files off my phone.

Tuesday.  3am wakeup.  Didn't get back to sleep til probably 5ish for another hour.  Even tireder than yesterday :(  Stayed in DND all day.  Got a bit more than my quota of UK photos done.  Two episodes of BBT, but far too tired to blog.

Wednesday.  Yayyy 9.5 hours sleep!!!  Tried a pulled beef recipe - which was ~1tbs brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder; ~1tsp salt, pepper.  Rubbed some mustard on the meat, covered with the dry rub, then chucked in the slow cooker (with some leftover lamb jelly and some liquid smoke in the bottom) and left it on high all afternoon.  Possibly could have been done a bit longer, it wasn't quite pull apart.  Also should have used a fattier cut of meat.  But it was still pretty good.

Pulled beef

Pulled beef

Thursday.  Ok sleep.  Work ok.  Caught a bus into work in the afternoon, went and picked up a new pass (the old one had expired), went and said hi to the team, then headed up to Pot Belly.  First drinks with work peeps in five months!  So that was nice.  Picked up pizza on the way home then watched the last four episodes of Big Bang Theory.  Took us a bit over a year to watch through all twelve seasons.

Friday.  Wouldn't be my birthday if I didn't end up in tears over *something*.  In this case trying to understand our crazy networking.  David took me to KFC for lunch (it's tradition!) but we couldn't eat in so had to bring it home. 

KFC lights

KFC birthday lunch

Blerfy afternoon fighting with stoopid firewall which is doing stoopid things that noone can explain.  The plan was to catch a bus into town and have dinner somewhere with the sweetie, but I was so late getting away he just came home and picked me up and we went to Chong Co, which was lovely as always.  

47 selfie

Thai fish cakes - famous spicy Thai fish cackes, served with sweet chilli sauce ($12.00)
Crispy crab net rolls - crab meat, shrimp, fish mixed with water chestnuts, and taro delicately wrapped in crispy net roll ($9.50)
Chong Co entrees

Prk Pao Moo Grob - stir fried mild chilli yam sauce with capsicum, onion, shallot, mushrooms, corn and basil leaves ($25.00)
Chong Co prik pao moo grob

Duck salad - sliced roasted duck with coconut shredded, chilli jam, coconut milk, cucumber, mint, shallot, coriander and cherry tomatoes ($23.00)
Chong Co duck salad

Came home and watched Shakespeare in Love.

Saturday.  Awake from 2-5am, then broken sleep til 8am.  So a bit of a zombie day.  Went to Michelle's in the evening for her birthday party.  They have a karaoke machine and a subscription to an online karaoke website, which is pretty good - it has all the original audio - but it doesn't have the original videos like Singstar had.  Not that anyone really needed the karaoke machine, everyone was just singing.  I only joined in for a few, was elsewhere chatting to people and standing in front of the fire for a fair bit of it.  I did get to sing Let it Go right at the end of the night which was fun though ;)  Too late a night though for me.

Funky cheese board

Hamburger station

Michelle's birthday cake

Sunday.  Slept ok, including a bit of a sleepin.  Mostly housework in the morning.  Had lunch then cooked dinner (beef cheeks).  Need moar slow cooker recipes so we don't sick of things.  Watched penultimate episode Fuller House.

Monday.  Slept ok, and slept in til nearly 7am - whoops!  Super productive morning getting things done while scanning slides.  Went and took some photos of the daffodils out the front, and saw a cold wild blue tongue lizard.  So caught it (it wasn't happy haha) and had it pose for photos.  And its little claws are *sharp* - so much sharper than Stumpy's!



Wild blue tongue lizard

Wild blue tongue lizard

Had a two hour long demo from Sharpie which was quite useful, but I need to see something like ten times before it will sink in....  And stoopid firewall is still being stoopid. 

Kazza's "Boring Life Of a Geek" aka BLOG

IT geek, originally from Sydney, moved to Canberra in 2007. Married to "the sweetie", aka Stu. Prolific photographer, Lego junkie and tropical fish keeper.

Kazza the Blank One home