| | Comments (0)

So mum will be pleased to hear I've *finally* gone back to editing our wedding photo book for reprinting.

I first did our wedding photo book in 2010 for the parents' for Christmas that year.  I was thoroughly stoked with how they turned out, but I wanted to change a few things for our own copy - some of the images were a little dark and needed lightening, there were a few little layout issues in places and I needed to fix some of the text.  You can't edit a finished photo book with Blurb, you have to essentially reimport it and start again.  But the first time I did this all the imported images that were vertical were showing up horizontally in the image list.  They were ok in the main part of the book, but I was paranoid that I'd go to get it printed and all the vertical images would come out sideways.  So there it sat for a few years.

Anyway tonight I fired up BookSmart to have another go at it.  For some reason I was able to open the old book and all the thumbnails look ok.  So I started doing the lightening of some of the photos.  So far I've come across one image that opened vertically in ACDSee, but horizontally in Irfanview.  So I really don't know what will happen to that image.  It *looks* ok, but if the exif data is screwed up who knows what will happen.  Just have to hold my breath I suppose.

Horror day at work today, too many things breaking for no good reason, and of course lots of people complaining about it :(:(  Was really wishing I'd stayed at home :(

Leave a comment

Kazza's "Boring Life Of a Geek" aka BLOG

IT geek, originally from Sydney, moved to Canberra in 2007. Married to "the sweetie", aka Stu. Prolific photographer, Lego junkie and tropical fish keeper.

Kazza the Blank One home