wow I made cold fusion work somewhere!!

| | Comments (0)

After ghosting the new webserver so I could go back to it as necessary, I installed Cold Fusion MX 6.1. Clean install. I didn't install RDS straight away because I wanted to go look up the password. So this left me with the exact same problem I had when I did it at home - an IO error when looking up the datasources. Turns out this error is linked to RDS. Sigh. Then I find the instructions to reenable RDS aren't even correct. (well my web.xml file doesn't have the exact line they mention). More sighing. I think I managed to reenable it. It still doesn't actually let me browse for files, but it doesn't give me the error.

So then I tried to find some sample code, which I put into a cfm file, and astoudingly enough, it actually worked!!! The little script looked up the datasource and returned each entry of the database. I couldn't believe it. Looks like we'll be able to go ahead with our migration after all.

Leave a comment

Kazza's "Boring Life Of a Geek" aka BLOG

IT geek, originally from Sydney, moved to Canberra in 2007. Married to "the sweetie", aka Stu. Prolific photographer, Lego junkie and tropical fish keeper.

Kazza the Blank One home