Two more hurdles jumped

Successfully moved global catalog servers from AD DC to another on my test domain today. This was after stuffing around with dns last week doing some trials, and leaving it pointed at the wrong place, so the domain controllers wouldn't talk to each other. "frigging dns" is all I have to say about that.

Also successfully connected an OS X mac and an OS 7.6.1 mac to the servers, doing file and print sharing.

Now that those problems have been overcome I can go back to the original plan of having new print and dhcp servers setup by the weekend for a big changeover. *scary*

---

ps, in case you were wondering what on earth I'm talking about.. I'm planning our work deployment of active directory. We're upgrading our windows NT 4 domain to 2003. You know those ads on at the moment that say "we're merging all these domains and making it all easier blah blah blah" to which the boss just looks at him, and so he says "we'll save $2 million a year" ... well we're nothing like that really, given that we only have one domain and two servers, but that's what we're doing. I've been thinking about it for a couple of months, but really working frantically on it for the past couple of weeks when we all suddenly realised that next year was only 6 weeks away, and we plan to go live with it mid January. fun fun fun!

paul said:

That AD DC bit reminds me of the ACDC wav file. I dunno if you have heard it, it's old I guess, but very funny. It's the one where a guy calls a radio show quiz and just has to give the answer ACDC. I can send it you if you havent heard it, or you can prob find it on Kazaa.

December 8, 2003 10:10 PM

hahahaahah
that's incredibly funny, because I actually listen to the radio station that recorded it, and heard it live (or at least replayed later). Mark from Greenacre. Absolutely hilarious, I have a copy of it somewhere. That's amazing that you've heard it also :):):)

December 8, 2003 10:15 PM

paul said:

I think one of my mates over there sent it to me, or told me about it. I have had it on my desktop at work for ages, I just play it when i need a litle pickmeup lol.
She also sent me one about felching and a gerbil ... again,very funny .. think I'll have to dig that one out too.

December 9, 2003 12:55 AM

paul said:

just played it and had a crowd around my desk.... we were rolling on the floor, I ache from laughing so much. I think it's going to be a silly afternoon! Thanks for that, and remember..... "anything ADDC is good".

December 9, 2003 1:09 AM

mark said:

paul & kazza
i was told about web sit i look at it. i am the mark from greenacre. i tell this went onto a movie call thrunderstruck too

June 17, 2005 10:38 AM

Maod said:

I was looking for the audio file. Anyone wanna mail it to me? Cheers Mate!

July 21, 2005 10:53 PM

Nick said:

I love Mark from Greenacre but have lost the file. Is there any chance one of you guys could email the sound file to me?? It would make my work just that bit more bearable.

(Had to spellcheck be fore posting - naturally)

cheers

Nick

November 25, 2005 11:34 AM

If anyone wants it - here's Mark from Greenacre trying to spell ACDC on Club Veg:

August 29, 2006 9:13 PM

Geni said:

Hi. My copy of that ACDC radio wav is not working now for some reason... and Im trying to get a copy of it, as its one of the funniest thngs Ive ever heard. Could someone either let me know where I can find it or send it to me... Id really appriciate it. send to redlover29@hotmail.com
thanks
Geni

April 18, 2007 2:15 PM

*blink*

you really have to wonder about some people, when the link is right there in front of them, but they ignore that and want you to spoon feed it to them ..

May 9, 2007 8:43 PM