Is anybody out there? Does anybody care?

Crappy crap day today :(  Usually I'd be hanging for tomorrow afternoon, but instead I'll be dreading it.. *sigh*

Two years ago today we wandered around Prague.  Prague is a very beautiful city but we found it incredibly touristy - gaudy tourist stores everywhere, and money change stores in between every other one.  And hoardes.  Oh the hoardes.

Charlie Daniels (TBU) said:

That doesn't sound good. Did something not play by the rules today?

May 12, 2010 10:25 PM

Kazza the Blank One said:

Oh crappy days are practically the norm at the moment.. mostly on account of having too much to do and not enough time to do it :(

May 12, 2010 10:54 PM

Missy said:

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day! Glad I stopped in today (I'm way behind on blogs)! Keep posting the pictures, I hope to look at them soon but can't tonight.

I hope tomorrow (or is it already tomorrow there?) is a much, much better day!

May 13, 2010 12:00 PM

Kazza the Blank One said:

nah today was pretty epic crap too... doh!!

May 13, 2010 8:10 PM

Missy said:

Well, that's a bummer!!!! Focus on something else as much as you can. What are you reading now? I'm listening to the Narnia Chronicles audiobooks that I downloaded from my library. I'm also reading a few books by Helene Hanff, e.g., 84 Charring Cross Road, which are surprisingly funny.

May 14, 2010 2:54 AM

Kazza the Blank One said:

haha cool I'm reading Narnia too! Or trying to .. it's a little.. well.. boring..! (on the magician's nephew at the moment)

Also reading book five of the Belgariad, but that's slowed down somewhat since getting lifts to work every day..

May 14, 2010 7:18 AM

Missy said:

Are you reading the Narnia books in the traditional order or the chronological order? I'm reading them in the traditional order; thus I started with The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, leaving The Magician's Nephew to second to last. These are definitely more geared toward children than Harry Potter and I miss the details of HP, but after awhile I wanted to know what was going to happen to Narnia and all the characters. And the meanings of it all.

Listening to them as audiobooks has been interesting...some readers are good, others not so. Can you get audiobooks at your library? Patrick Stewart is great with The Last Battle!

May 14, 2010 8:55 AM

Kazza the Blank One said:

I was told I should read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe first, but I thought well I've seen the movie, I may as well do them chronologically. Plus I have borrowed them all in one volume book, so just reading from the start..

I'm not a big fan of audio books.. mainly because just listening to them is too hard - earbud headphones either fall out or hurt my ears, and over the head ones are too fiddly. I'd rather read paper on the bus.

May 14, 2010 5:58 PM