Or something

Ended up sorting out lego all day. Whoops.

Also thought I'd watch Peter Pan and Lethal Weapon 2 tonight, but instead watched The Parent Trap and MI2 has just started. Whoops.

Cooked Alan's famous stroganov for dinner tonight. Although really must go and do the dishes.

Rather sleepie. Trying to decide whether I'll stay up til 1am to watch an ebay auction. The set going is #1593, the rarest of all the space lego sets, worth at least $400US. It's got a starting price of 99 pounds and there are *zero* bids. But the counter is well over 500, so I'm guessing there'll be a flurry of last-minute sniper bids.

Also have to make sure the raid array finishes rebuilding. It died *again* last night. That's three times now. Talk about dodgy brothers Dell hardware.

Dave2 said:

Yikes! Makes me wish I had kept mine! Can you believe that I actually had the entire Space Lego line at one time (including Galaxy Explorer!)?? My favorite was always the Space Cruiser. I think they tried to revive the whole Space Lego theme in the early 90's, but they were never as good as the originals.

October 16, 2004 11:11 PM

Dave2 said:

Hmmm... on the eBay page, they mention that the set was only released in Germany and Denmark, but I think I got mine from the Lego Club?? I now wonder if there were two similar-looking sets.

October 16, 2004 11:13 PM

1593 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1593) was made up from parts from 6880 and 6929. It looks fairly similar to 6929 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6929). I made my copy of it by getting 6880 and 6929 separately and mixing them together to make 1593, leaving only a few pieces leftover. Check out my pics of all my space lego at http://conspiracy.cia.com.au/Fun_Stuff/Lego/Space_Lego/2004/

October 16, 2004 11:35 PM

Dave2 said:

I am positive now that I had this set. The "radar dish" on the front is very distinctive, and I absolutely remember it. I think I got it from the Lego club, but my brother and I had a friend who was able to get all kinds of import stuff (including ELECTRIC trains at a time when all we could get here were the battery operated stuff)... so maybe it came via him.

October 18, 2004 1:33 AM

Justin said:

US$400 for LL1593 ???????

Bargin! here it is but selling for considerably more (Free world-wide post):

bid US $1,499.00
(Approximately AU $1,951.06)

Buy it Now price: US $3,000.00 (Approximately AU $3,904.72)

Time left: 4 days 10 hours
7-day listing, Ends 21-Apr-05 07:48:50 AEST
Start time: 14-Apr-05 07:48:50 AEST
History: 23 bids
Item location: Neunkirchen-Seelscheid
Germany

Posts to: Worldwide

April 16, 2005 9:49 PM

hehe cool. But it does include a very nice box :)

April 17, 2005 12:07 AM

BOB said:

Hello, I have the space 1593 full set, its brand new and still in the cellophane. I was just wondering how much this is worth? Any ideas?? Thanks

January 14, 2007 5:05 AM