June 2003 Archives
1. First Name: Kazza .. really .. ;)
2. Were you named after anyone? nope
3. Do you wish on stars? no
4. NO QUESTION! well that's a bit silly
5. When did you last cry? hrm can't remember.. probably in the last month or two
6. Do you like your handwriting? no
7. What is your favourite lunch meat? salami
8. Any bad habits? yeah, doesn't everyone?
9. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf? Roxette
10. If you were another person, would you be friends? no.
11. Are you a daredevil? sometimes
12. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell? no
13. Do looks matter? In terms of a friend, no. In terms of more than that, I'd like to say no, but in all honesty I have to say that they do count for something .. does that make me shallow? Maybe.
14. Have you ever misused a word and it sounded absolutely stupid? probably
15. Do you think there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? no
16. Do fish have feelings? well I'm sure they feel physical pain, but I doubt much emotional pain
17. Are you trendy? definitely not
18. How do you release anger? I bitch
19. Where are your second homes? Parents; James and George's
20. Do you trust others easily? on one level I'm very trusting - I take people at their word and so I can be easily fooled/lied to. However I hate opening up to strangers personally
21. What was your favourite toy as a child? Cutie - half a pink pom-pom with googly eyes and a pom-pom nose that went half way round the world and all over Australia with me
22. What class in school do you think is totally useless? English - we didn't learn any grammar or anything useful, just read boring poetry and silly books
25. Do you have a journal? you're reading it :)
26. Do you use sarcasm a lot? sometimes
27. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? sorta - it was a bit sedate - Neil Finn in the Domain during the Olympics
28. What do you look for in a boy/girl? Christian, symmetrical, good skin/hair, a bit naughty
29. What are your nicknames? kazza, kazza the blank one
30. Would you bungee jump? probably
31. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? yep
34. Do you think that you are strong? no
35. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? purple (choc chip)
36. What's your favorite colors? blue/green
37. What is your least favorite thing? depression
38. How many wisdom teeth do you have? 2 - two got taken out years ago, and I haven't been back to the dentist since, although not for that reason :)
39. Are you in love with anyone? no
40. How many people have a crush on you right now? one
41. Who do you miss most right now? hrm. dunno.
42. WHAT COLOR PANTS ARE YOU WEARING? pants or undies? Grey thong, blue jeans
43. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW: nothing
44. WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 DiGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER? 7125
45. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Ingham Chicken Cheese and Broccoli Duets
46. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? red
47. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? 23C in here, not even wearing a jumper. According to my Weather Pixie, it's 14C outside, 82% humidity
48. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Probably someone at work
49. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX? hair
50. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS? Never met them (actually I did meet InfectiousKitte once, she seemed rather nice - a little crazy like me, being able to recite whole movies)
51. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? I am alive
52. FAVORITE DRINK? Alcoholic - Baileys and Creme de Menthe
Non-alcoholic: Orange Juice
54. FAVORITE SPORTS? To play, hockey was the only thing I ever played. To watch, well I'm not a big sports fan, but I like many of the winter olympics sports
55. HAIR COLOR? blonde
56. EYE COLOR? greenish
57. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS: sometimes
58. SIBLINGS AND THEIR AGES: brother, 27
59. FAVORITE MONTH? December
60. FAVORITE FOOD? Roast Pork with gravy, apple sauce and potato bake
61. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Moulin Rouge! I think
62. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? December 25 I guess
63. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? yes
64. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS BETTER? Happy endings
65. SUMMER OR WINTER? spring! ha! But out of those two, summer
66. HUGS OR KISSES? both, probably hugs more - less messy
67. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? relationships
68. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE BACK? absolutely
69. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? James
70. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Luc
71. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? in a flat
72. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Pawn of Prophecy - Belgariad 1
73. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Toy Story (which is on tv on Sunday night)
74, FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Pictionary
75. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? nothing. i was out.
76. FAVORITE SMELLS? mum's roast dinners, fresias, jasmine, the air inside a packet of cheese and bacon balls.
77. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE? food
hrm, it stops at 77 .. i wonder if there was more originally
urgh that took a lot longer than I expected it to.. whoops..
Thanks to Doom Gurl:
MINUTE AGO: blogging
1 DAY AGO: at my brother's place watching Cassandra Crossing
1 WEEK AGO: reading Harry Potter
1 YEAR AGO: sheesh I don't know.. working frantically on enetica stuff I think
I HURT: when people reject me
I LOVE: bright shiny coloured things
I HATE: stoopid people
I FEAR: having my house burn down
I HOPE: I'll get to Europe one day
I FEEL: sleepie
I LISTEN: sometimes
I HIDE: my nice self under a horrible person
I PLAY: when I can
I MISS: ...
I LEARNED: an awful lot of completely irrelevant stuff
I KNOW: some, but not a lot?
I WAIT: for heaven
I NEED: a husband
I THINK: but not often enough, and then only on paranoid type things
Current Clothes: t-shirt and pants (not jeans that I'd normally be wearing cause I went out tonight)
Current Mood: happy
Current Music: Dance Magic - David Bowie
Current Hair: long and blonde
Current Annoyance: KH
Current Smell: nothing much, just my room
Current thing I should be doing: getting ready for bed
Current Desktop Picture: all 12 of my Neon Tetras
Current Favorite bands/singers: Don't really have any favourites at the moment
Current Book: Pawn of Prophecy (Belgariad 1)
Current Movie In VCR/DVD: Nothing there at the moment, although I almost taped Charlie's Angels tonight
Current Refreshment: nothing
Current Worry: having to move offices again
Current Crush: JL
Went and saw Greg Fleet in "I Wish You were Dad" tonight with Aida. It was funny, but rather silly. It was silly enough to be not believable which kinda spoilt it a little. I found myself refusing to believe any of it was true, so that meant I didn't find it as funny as I could have. Oh well.
Apart from that a very nothing day, didn't get anything done that I wanted to. Oh well.
Was meant to go to me little brother's for lunch today, but ended up spending all day and half the night there - oops!
Another oops was the freight train that derailed at Unanderra. We got there pretty early and my brother got some spectacular pictures of a shattered rail. I got a couple of decent ones from an overhead bridge though.
To continue the train theme we watched "Cassandra Crossing", which was all a bit "yeah right" but hey, you get that from a 70's movie.. hehe. Kinda strange seeing Richard Harris and Martin Sheen so young .. especially Dumbledore! :)
1. How are you planning to spend the summer [winter]?
Working I suppose. Some of us don't get three month holidays.
2. What was your first summer job?
Never had one.
3. If you could go anywhere this summer [winter], where would you go?
4. What was your worst vacation ever?
Worst? That's tough. I love travelling and I tend to only remember the good stuff. The trip I did to Victoria with my parents recently was painful in the sense of having to get along with my father for a week, but apart from that was still good
5. What was your best vacation ever?
Best? Also tough. Any of the "flying" holidays stand out - USA, Western Australia, Central Australia and Lord Howe/Norfolk Islands that the family went on when we were kids; and USA at the end of 2000 was awesome but far too short.
Still really need to learn to think "whatever"
Was gonna have another rant about one of the guys at work, but I'm tired and I think I'm gonna just crash.
But it's just work. Really. I have to think big picture. It's just work. I don't have to stress about it *after* work, so why should I stress about it *at* work.
And on the roads also. Just "whatever" when people are stoopid.
Lost another two Danios this week, so I'm down to one left :( The one that's left is actually Queen Z, the big female that patrols the top of the tank. She is considerably smaller than she was a week or so ago, I'm thinking she probably laid a bunch of eggs. Either that or she's dying along with the rest of the danios :(
I'm also missing one neon tetra and one of the Siamesis. I think they may have died and been eaten also (the two danios I pulled out had been eaten down to their bones, and the Angels are looking rather plump). Maybe I'm just not feeding the angels enough and they're picking on the other fish? Who knows..
My last set of glasses finally decided to die on me, so the other week I went out looking for a new pair. Yesterday I went to pick them up, and it was a miracle! I could see! I haven't seen so clearly in years. My old glasses really were very out of date. And contacts aren't that much better. Especially for astigmatism - if they aren't lined up exactly right, everything's distorted anyway.
So I'm seeing the world in a whole new way at the moment. :)
The only problem with these glasses is, they're smaller than the last ones, which means I can actually see *under* them. This is not good when I glance down the keyboard - as I'm either trying to look under the rims (so not looking through them at all), or *through* the bottom of the glasses where the rim is, so can't see a thing. Very annoying.
Had dinner at James and George's tonight, and Robbo (aka Peter) came over also. Thoroughly pleasant evening, but decided at 11:20 that I had to go home and get some sleep.
Lost another Danio, and I'm missing a Siamensis and a Neon Tetra :(
1. Surf sites at random, or have a set list of regular reads?
Mostly regular but will often read random links off This or That, or Friday Five
2. Do you visit mostly blogs, or news or other sites?
Blogs over news sites
3. Do you go online every day, or just a couple of days a week?
All day every day
4. Do you allow comments on your blog, or not?
Yep, why not? :)
5. Do you shop online at all, or at regular stores?
Sometimes I buy online, but not a lot
6. Have you ever done online bill-paying/banking, or not?
Yup, much easier than getting to a bank or post office
7. Which news site do you prefer... MSNBC.com or CNN.com? Or do you prefer some other one?
cnn is probably the only american news site I go to if something big happens
8. Live chat rooms, or message boards?
I used to use IRC a lot, but it wastes too much time, so now just the odd blog
9. Instant messaging or e-mail?
10. Yes or no: have you ever met, or at least talked on the phone with, another blogger? If not, would you want to? Why or why not?
Not a blogger, but have from chat/icq.
I somehow managed to get 4 hours sleep last night, so this morning during work I lay down for an hour and closed my eyes - in the middle of an MRI machine :)
At dinner after ice skating the other week I heard that they were looking for volunteers to do trials in a brand spanking new Philips Intera 3T MRI machine, so I enthusiastically said put me down for it. Late last week they called me up make an appointment for today, so this morning off I trundled.
It was all really rather uneventful. I forgot to bring my own cds with me, so I ended up having to listen to the Forrest Gump soundtrack, which was essentially just 2CH music (boring AM oldies easy listening radio station), with the volume too loud to even try to sleep through it. I wished I'd remembered to take along the Harry Potter soundtrack so I could think about that instead, but I just ended up thinking about nothing in particular so got rather bored.
It turns out my brain is boringly normal. No tumors or unusual features. They gave me a cd of images but I was disappointed that there was nothing bigger than what I've posted here.
I did however forget to take my staff card out of my pocket, so that's wiped, and it was brand new and I hadn't even used the thing - doh!
2:24am. Whoops. I'm going to be tired at work tomorrow! er, today ;)
Was it worth it? <sheepish grin> yeah :)
That is one damned long book to read in a weekend, especially considering what a slow reader I am. It took a while to really get going (although some good scenes near the beginning) and there were a few scenes that really just added length but not a lot of meaning to the story. But the imagery was fantastic and the story impressive. You wouldn't want to read this without having read the others first, most of the things that happen (from the major themes to trivial things such as the Marauder's map) would be meaningless otherwise. I remember in the second one she went to the trouble of reexplaining things like Quidditch, but this one had no such filler. The ending doesn't leave you hanging nearly so much as the Goblet of Fire did, which is good, as I only had a six month wait until this one, it'll be a good couple of years before book 6 comes out :)
I'm aching all over though - neck from hanging over the book, and arms from propping myself up, as I took alternate positions. The things we do, hey?
Well anyways, I'm off to bed, night :)
Well I did it, I went and got Order of the Phoenix this morning, within the first hour of it going on sale. I am now going to disappear from the world for the next day or two, only to resurface when I've finished reading it :)
1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?
Blonde, slightly wavy, three feet long
2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?
Only in length
3. How do your normally wear your hair?
Tie the front bits up, the rest out
4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?
Wildly red with tight curls. Like Diane Smith or Nicole Kidman in her younger days.
5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?
The bowl cut I was brought up with. In year 9 I decided to grow it all out, and ended up with a hideous hairstyle for a year or two
1. Newspapers or magazines?
SMH for the crossword, that's it
2. Books-on-tape or regular books?
3. Paperback or hardcover?
Paperbacks are cheaper
4. Fiction or non-fiction?
Depends what for
5. Sci-Fi/Fantasy or romance novels?
6. Borrow from library or buy books (either new or used)?
Borrow from friends if possible :)
7. Subscribe to magazines or buy on newsstand?
8. Current best-sellers or classic literature?
9. Read books once, or re-read favorites every so often?
I rarely read books, and generally will only read them once through, although I have read Star Trek VI three times, go figure
10. Here in the U.S., we have two hot best-sellers...former First Lady Hillary Clinton's memoirs, and the new Harry Potter book (coming out June 21). If you had to read one, which one...Hillary or Harry? Why?
Harry! Well that goes without saying
I've been at James and George's tonight, so I'm having to tape the National Road Rules test on Channel 9. I did the IQ test they did last year and that was a lot of fun, so this should be good also.
Just as a warmup, I did the prequel test and got this:
You got 9 out of 9 right.
Gold star for you! Well done, you know your road rules like the back of your hand. However, don't get too over-confident because on the night we'll be asking lots of more questions about the road rules. Best to brush up on your driving knowledge before the big night!
..til the next Harry Potter book goes on sale. I haven't decided if I'll buy it yet or not. I'm dying to read the story, but I was wanting to wait til the 7th book comes out so I can get the whole set together.
Plus it'll be a Saturday which would mean confronting shopping centres which is never a good thing on a weekend at the best of times. I wonder how popular it will be on its first day. I suspect that this one will sell even quicker than previous ones because of the two movies that have been released since the last book was released, and I'm sure more people have taken up an interest in the books since (I know I did).
Went rollerblading today. Went for forty minutes straight. It felt so slooow though - we used to hoon around the park in like 15 min flat, but it took 40 min to do two laps :( At least I didn't get passed by any other rollerbladers, not that there were too many around, but I did pass a couple of others, so that was good :) Have decided I need to get fit, and this is the only exercise I've ever been able to bring myself to do. Plus I was inspired after ice skating the other night to get back into practice :)
Decided that I would call her. Tried a couple of times but the phone was engaged. Then my phone rang and it was her. Strangely enough neither of us mentioned last night, we just sort of carried on like it hadn't happened. Which was probably a good thing all round.
Only one support mail left, I can go to bed somewhat relaxed
I wish I had *normal* parents. Instead I have these strange people that apparently I'm related to.
I was meant to meet them for dinner tonight at a local club to celebrate my mother's birthday tomorrow. We were meant to meet at 6. So I turn up at three minutes past six, and wait. And wait. And wait. Half past six comes round and I get this phone call from a mystery mobile. It's my mother. They've been at the club waiting since quarter past five. So she comes down and I sign into the club. But as it turns out, they've not only been there for well over an hour, but they've also started their meal. This was too much for me. Who in their right mind starts a meal at a restaurant without all the guests, when they know they're coming? And then, rather than coming with me to order my meal, she just says "go get your meal, we're on table 42". OK well this was the last straw. I may have been talked into staying until then, but as it was, I felt like I'd been abandoned, and I certainly didn't want to share a meal with these people, I was too upset.
See, now any *normal* person would have called to let me know they'd arrived early at the club (I wasn't far away, I could have been there shortly afterwards). Any *normal* person would have come to meet me at the agreed time in the only place we've ever met before. Any *normal* person would have waited for their guests to arrive before going and ordering their meal.
I am so pissed off >:( Two hours of my life wasted. What a suck way to end the weekend. And a pity because generally the rest of it was great. Even saw me little brother's new house down the 'Gong.
After the high of last night, and the busy morning this morning helping the Wise's clean up their back yard, it's now late in the afternoon and I'm totally lacking motivation. It's too late in the day to feel like starting any projects and too early to start watching videos. So I'm left with paranoid day dreaming, which is not helping one little bit. I need someone to rescue me from myself!
Here's a Friday Five at least:
1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have?
Jump out of an aeroplane (with parachute attached, of course ;) )
2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest?
Yes, buy my opinion doesn't count for much, since I'm pretty hopeless with that sort of thing
3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? What happened?
4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why?
sheesh I don't know?
5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted?
Ability to play the piano
I just had a devastating thought. I'm going to be 30 in two months. And it's not that I'm going to be getting older (although there is that). It's just that it's my opinion in life that if a Christian is not married by the age of 30 then there must be something wrong with them. I hardly know any single Christians over the age of 30.
Tonight a bunch of people from my boss's old work went ice skating at Fox Studios and I tagged along. I didn't even know they had an ice rink there until last week. Apparently it's been there for a couple of years during the winter, but I hadn't even heard of it. Anyway so a bunch of us went along, and I had an awesome time. I haven't been ice skating in *years*, so it took me a little while to get back into it. Fortunately I've done a lot of rollerblading in recent years (ok not so recent), so it didn't take too long to come back to me.
After skating a bunch of us went to Cafe Ciao in the Spot for dinner, which was all very pleasant. Overall I had a thoroughly fantastic night. This is precisely how Friday nights should be. None of this sitting at home alone stuff that I normally do. Friday nights should be a go-out-with-friends thing. Not to mention all the endorphins that get released with exercise, so I'm in a great mood at the moment :) Almost can't bring myself to plod through the rather depressing support mail that's there. Ah screw it, I think I'll just do it tomorrow!
I got an email from my best friend in Year 7 today!
This was after her little sister found my blog (scary) and posted to it.
We haven't spoken in well over 15 years and we've been filling in a few plot holes. Very cool! :):) Hoping I can catch up with her soon, it'd be excellent to meet up with her again.
On that note (and the fact that I think I'm coming down with a cold), I'm off to bed
Just trying to traceroute to 184.108.40.206 as they left a rather rude message in my blog. Doesn't seem to want to go though.
Got home late.. v.tired.. too much stoopid support mail
had a thoroughly suck day with notes, windoze, central server issues..
1 minute of today left to go
1. "The Munsters" or "The Addams Family"?
The Addams Family. I used to think Morticia was so sexy, and I hung out for them to show her and Gomez actually kiss
2. "The Sopranos" or the "Godfather" movies?
Never seen either
3. "The Jetsons" or "Lost in Space"?
Never seen the Jetsons, only saw a few episodes of Lost in Space, including the same episode twice several years apart
4. "Superman" or "Batman" (either the TV shows or the movies)?
Batman, Michael Keaton, 1989
5. "Sex & The City" or "Friends"?
All the characters in Friends annoy the hell out of me. Sex in the City is more interesting, but I've only seen a few episodes
6. "The Wizard of Oz" or the "Harry Potter" movies?
Harry Potter hands down
7. "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill"?
Never seen King of the Hill
8. "Grease" or "Saturday Night Fever"?
9. Old prime-time soaps: "Dallas" or "Dynasty"?
Never seen them
10. Not very thought-provoking this week...do you prefer TV shows or movies?
Each have their own good points
24 (series 2) only has four hours to go and it keeps getting better. It was all rather silly up until the bomb went off, but since then it's gotten really good.
Apparently there is an Amazing Race series 4.. I wonder if we'll get that also.
The funniest thing of my weekend was this website: http://www.zug.com. It had me ROTFL. The office and computer pranks were the funniest, but some of the others were fantastic also.
Also got to catch up with my uncle who lives in Melbourne which was good. Haven't seen him in ages.
Lost another two danios today. Well actually one isn't dead, but she doesn't look very happy so I pulled her out to let her rest in peace (the angels were picking at her fins in the main tank). But then I could only see three remaining, I couldn't find the other one. I just found it, floating upside down amongst some plants :(
So now I only have three Danios left, and I suspect they will start dying off soon too :(
Danios are supposed to be hardy fish, able to cope with less-than-ideal water quality. And yet they're the only casualties I've had since I setup my tanks.
Not happy Jan!
two hours rebuilding and some help from mylex later and the raid 5 array in gamera is now working with redundancy (there'd been a dead disk in there for months which was causing me no end of worry)
all four disk show online and the logical drive shows as online also, it's no longer critical
all with zero downtime (except the reboot I did to make sure it'd all be happy)
now that is a big weight off my mind!
and to top it all off cia-support queue in RT is empty
/me a happy girl
haha my little plot last night to raise my Google ranking worked beautifully! A search for "kazza" on Google now puts in me in position 6!! Awesome!!
Well we certainly haven't had an autumn, and winter is only vaguely starting to look like it might happen.
I've worn my jumper about half a dozen times this year - it seriously hasn't been that cold. And so far this winter I've worn my jumper about once. It's been so warm in Sydney during the day that I simply haven't needed it. How weird is that for the first week of winter? I'm still wearing summer pyjamas to bed and still have summer sheets on (although I'm going to put the flanalette sheets on this weekend).
Last year was a similar story - I wore my jumper for the first time literally a week before winter. Another year without an autumn. All very silly really!
There's been some pretty big storms further south though, violent windstorms making rather a mess of things :(
This blog used to rank number 4 in google on the search for "Kazza". The first mention of it now is not until the 90s :(
I'm sure I'd continue to rank higher if it weren't for the likes of Kazaa, but I'm using that here to my advantage. You see the more times I mention Kazza (and Kazaa) in a page, the higher it will rank in Google.
At least this is the theory.
According to my logs, search referrals from the term "kazza" numbered 1208 in March, and 1010 in the month of April. In May this dropped to 628. So obviously I'm not mentioning kazza enough :)
So for all of you lusers out there doing a search for Kazaa, that rather evil file sharing program, liable to infect your computer with trojans and spyware and the like, click here and push up my Google stats - go on, I dare you :)
If I were a stone, I would be: granite
If I were a tree, I would be: karri
If I were a bird, I would be: sulphur crested cockatoo
If I were a machine, I would be:
If I were a tool, I would be: screw driver
If I were a flower/plant, I would be: carnation
If I were a kind of weather, I would be: sunshine
If I were a mythical creature, I would be: pegasus
If I were a musical instrument, I would be: piano
If I were an animal, I would be: horse
If I were a color, I would be: aqua
If I were an emotion, I would be: depression
If I were a vegetable, I would be: potato
If I were a sound, I would be: pinggg
If I were an Element, I would be: air
If I were a car, I would be: WRX
If I were a song, I would be: Dance Magic
If I were to trade places with another person, it would be: liz
If I were a movie, I would be: The Princess Bride
If I were a food, I would be: meat
If I were a place, I would be: Sydney
If I were a material, I would be: velvet
If I were a taste, I would be: sugar
If I were a scent, I would be: jasmine
If I were a religion, I would be: Christian
If I were a word, I would be: stress
If I were an object, I would be: candle
If I were a body part I would be: eye
If I were a facial expression I would be: smile
If I were a subject in school I would be: maths
If I were a cartoon character I would be: astroboy
If I were a shape I would be a: star
If I were a number I would be: 1
If I were a month I would be: December
If I were a day of the week I would be: Saturday
If I were a time of day I would be: 10:00
If I were a planet I would be: Earth
If I were a sea animal I would be: dolphin
If I were a direction I would be: north
If I were a piece of furniture I would be: bean bag
If I were a sin I would be: greed
If I were a historical figure I would be: Neil Armstrong
If I were a liquid I would be: Baileys
1. Cats or dogs?
Cats are good to snuggle with, dogs are good to play with. Dogs smell more..
2. Butterflies or birds?
3. Horses or cows?
4. Turtles or snakes?
5. Frogs or grasshoppers?
6. Lions or tigers?
7. Elephants or mice?
In what context? :)
8. Porcupines or aardvarks?
9. Unicorns or dragons?
How about Pegasus? I think having Pegasus as a pet would have been awesome!
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You live in a rather dumpy apartment. A friend offers you a chance to be a roommate at a new place s/he is moving into, but they don't allow pets. You have a pet. Do you find your pet a new home and take the new place, or do you keep your pet and stay put?
Depends how attached to the pet I was. I've never had anything other than a budgie or fish, so I can't really say, but I'd probably stick with the pet.
Had a nothing day today. Got my flat mostly tidied up tho, so I suppose that's a good start.
I'm watching Armageddon at the moment. It's an utterly ridiculous movie, but still a lot of fun. I was just thinking as they were launching the shuttles that it would be very cool to see a real life space shuttle launch.. but the chances of that happening any time soon are pretty remote. Nasa probably will go back into space eventually, but I suspect it will be a while yet.
Church was rather interesting today - we did "Cafe Church" - we sat around in little groups, drew drawings of the different promises of Genesis, ate cheese and crackers and fruit, and sang and heard the Bible taught. Was rather different, but not too bad nonetheless. :)
Went to the Powerhouse Museum today also, to see the Special FX exhibition. It was ok, but nothing that spectacular.
Then dinner at Alan and Marylon's, and after a few glasses of wine I'm still floating away :)