March 2007 Archives
Brought up four boxes of crap from the storage cage. Photographed just about everything in them. Will attempt to give away most of it. Assuming anyone actually wants any of it :/
Did the earth hour thing tonight. Actually most nights I leave the lights off, so turned the fish tank stuff off instead. That and I hadn't set the timers back an hour, so this saved me the trouble. Of course noone else in this block of flats turned their lights off. Nobody here cares.
Oh yeah, and twathead neighbour didn't turn his alarm off for the weekends, so got woken up at 6:09. *sigh*
Watched The Princess Bride tonight. Picked up for $5 at Big W a while back. Way cool movie :)
Tempted to have the minister say "Mawwiage. Mawwiage is wot bwings us togevah. .. today." at our wedding ... hehehe
Even worse that Labyrinth to watch for quotability I think lol.
Miss Stu ...
From the archives of Kazza's life .....
You wake up face down on the pavement.
You put your bra on backwards - and it fits better.
Your birthday cake collapses from the weight of the candles.
You want to put on the clothes you wore home from the party and there aren't any.
You turn on the news and they are showing emergency routes out of the city.
Your twin sister forgot your birthday.
You wake up to discover your waterbed broke and then realise you don't have a waterbed.
Your car horn goes off accidentally and remains stuck as you follow a group of Hell's Angels on the freeway.
Your wife wakes up feeling amorous and you have a headache.
Your boss tells you not to bother to take off your coat.
You walk to work and find your dress is stuck in the back of your pantyhose.
You call your answering service and they tell you it's none of your business.
Your wife says, "Good morning, Bill" and your name is George.
Author unknown ... but troubled
Work is a bit of a blur at the moment. In that I'm getting to the end of the day without really getting anything useful done, and seemingly just wasting time all day. It's most frustrating. There's basically nothing new on the horizon cause of the centralisation nonsense, and so I feel like I'm treading water, just tying things up before I leave and the servers get made redundant.
I know there's a lot of people out there that feel passionately about Daylight Savings (usually the ones that hate it and think it should be abolished). I for one wish it went for longer (or even all the time). Yes I hate getting up in the dark in winter. But I hate getting home in the dark even more. Once it gets dark at home *nothing* gets done. I only get stuff done around the house when it's light. Once it gets dark I just sit at my computer. And I don't want to go out for a walk when it gets dark either.
Feeling a bit down.
Gosh Friday night feels like such a long time ago. Had my last full daylight drive to Canberra, and was stunned at how green the countryside is at the moment.
We had beer and sweet chili and sour cream potato chips for dinner .. naughty .. :) Watched some telly and ended up watching Ella Enchanted.
Saturday morning went out to Gold Creek Village to Cafe Injoy with A&S and the kids and had their all day breakfast, which was delicious
Then went across the road and caused a koi feeding frenzy
And the ducks wanted in as well, but one duck decided the whole pond was his and was chasing all the others away.
We all headed out to Belconnen to go to the fresh food market. The kids played in the giant mushroom, and the Stus found a sign that caused them great amusement
This amused me too
S&K&J came by in the arvo too which was nice.
For dinner we went to Pulp Kitchen in Ainslee for their six week dry aged sirloin, which was yummiferous, although I didn't quite go for the oysters they put on top. I've had two oysters in my life previous to this, now I'm up to about five :)
After dinner Stu took me on a magical mystery tour. He tried to convince me that we were really going home, but we were just going the wrong way entirely hehe. He took me up Mt Ainslee, where I took some photos of the city, but sans-tripod. So will have to back again at some point :)
He also took me to Manuka and we had a little bit of a wander around and checked out where all the trendy people hang out.
On Sunday we were going to go to church, but it was 9C and I didn't have a jumper (it was 35C in Sydney on Saturday - how am I meant to know to bring a jumper?? heh). So we didn't end up going out. Well not then. We did later to get coffee, and went to Big W and bought A Beautiful Mind.
While we were out I noticed how clear the sky was from all the rain all day Saturday and the strong winds in the morning, so made Stu take me up Black Mountain
Stu's work is down there
Belconnen Bunnings and the food markets just in front
Varekai in its final weeks in Canberra
Mt Stromlo, minus the forest around it that was devastated in the Jan 2003 bushfires
And a couple more shots of Canberra city
Cooked steak and veggies for dinner and watched A Beautiful Mind.
Today Stu went to work and I telecommuted. The connection was a bit laggy, but I think that it's actually my work computer which is just chugging these days. During my lunch break I went shopping, and did a scrumptious pork roast for dinner. And Stu has a few days worth of leftovers to keep him going :)
Don't really feel like going to work tomorrow....
I use that term as an expletive. Organising people sux. Trying to pick a date for something when you don't know if you're going to have a job and trying to organise a good time of year to go to another country and then having to deal with the nonsense of when people can come "oh no I can't do it then" so I try for another date and "I can't do it then either" and then there's all the people that are likely to only want to come during school holidays, and the people that *can't* come during school holidays. It makes me want to just give up on the whole idea as a bad joke.
Do you read blogs off of the list that is linked on your site or do you use a feed reader?
I used to read them off my homepage, but it just got too much, and so many sites don't update daily anyway
If so, what feed reader?
I use FeedReader but tempted to look at Google reader cause I always get so far behind whenever I go away for the weekend.
What about adding people to your feed reader?
I try not to do it too much anymore cause I have enough to deal with. But occasionally if something sparks my interest I'll add them.
What is your policy on adding people to your blogroll?
Most of the blogs in my feedreader are there, except newer ones or ones that I don't really feel part of (don't post often or I'm just a distant lurker)
What about deleting them from your blogroll?
Usually only when they die (the blogs that is :) )
Would you delete them from your reader and not your blogroll?
Not usually. I archive old blogs in feed reader, delete off blogroll.
This was dinner. Zucchini, swiss brown mushrooms and orange capsicum fried in butter and salt and pepper.
It was yum :)
This is my Nana's place. My mother's family home. Not completely accurate, but thereabouts. The roof was the most challenging cause I hadn't figured out how to do them yet. But found some cool tutorials which helped.
So to celebrate the Old Coathanger turning 75, a bunch of us walked across it today.
It was way cool!
The trains were *ok* for us. It was crowded at Town Hall, but nothing really crazy. The craziness started about 10 minutes later though, with a fatality at North Sydney stuffing everyting up and forcing us to get off at Milsons Point. Which wasn't so bad for us, except the slow down in trains meant the others got separated and delayed.
But we all met up in the end. Six grown-ups and six kids. So each kid was assigned a grown-up to look after and make sure they didn't get lost :)
It all flowed quite nicely and didn't feel overcrowded. The sea of yellow-green hats was *very* cool. Got some pics of flying boats and sea planes, but we never saw the C130s, and the F111s only flew by once very quickly, so didn't even get a pic of those. Took 339 pics all up. Ooops. :)
Edit: apparently they were FA-18s, not F111s. Also, we missed the 747 which also made a low pass, but after we left :(
As seen at Bren's a while back
1. Can you touch your nose with your toes?
er, lemme try. Yes!
2. Who were you with last night?
Noone, all alone with Mr Bowie :)
3. Are most of your friends in your life new or old?
Bit of a mix. Mostly old.
4. Do you like candy necklaces?
er, I suppose so. Don't know that I've ever eaten any tho.
5. Do you eat raw cookie dough?
Sure, but really only to lick the bowl/beaters
6. Pancakes or French Toast?
Pancakes. The one and only time I had french toast was at Dennys in Las Vegas in 1983
7. How do you like your eggs?
Sunny side up
8. Creamy or crunchy peanut butter?
Never liked peanut butter
9. Instant or home-made mashed potatoes?
Home-made. Instant is awful
10. Can you handle the truth?
Probably not. I hate not knowing though
11. What is the compliment you get from most people?
12. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself?
13. Is anyone on your bad side right now?
14. Whats the best drinking game?
Never played one
15. Do you like your music loud or soft?
In the middle :) Depends what it is though. Some things I like cranking up loudish.
16. Do your jeans have rips, tears, and holes in them?
Yes. Way overdue for new ones
17. When was the last time you fell over or ran into something?
I fell over at work a few months ago tripping over crap on the floor
18. Whats the first movie that gave you nightmares?
I've been fortunate in my life to never get nightmares. But the first movie that would have (and I think did once) was Friday 13th I saw when I was about 11 (flipping irresponsible parents of a sleepover I went to allowed that one)
19. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
I wouldn't. A few years ago I might have said Jason Isaacs, and before that David Bowie, maybe a few others
20. Have you ever sung in front of the mirror?
Probably. I don't make a point of it though
21. Do you talk a lot?
22. Do you make up your own words?
Blurgle bloggle bling blong
23. Are you typically a jealous person?
Not the suspicious/mistrust sort, but I can get jealous of anyone that takes up Stu's time away from me
24. What is something you say a lot?
Are we having fun yet? It wasn't me I didn't do it? It's true I'm not lying.
25. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
Casino Royale. It was really good
26. Deep Thoughts About Life and You in it?
er.. are we there yet? can I go home now?
27. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
With someone. Although admittedly sleep isn't as good as when alone
28. Who have you kissed on your top friends?
What sort of expression is that? Kissed on??
29. Do you still talk to the person you had your first kiss with?
Nah. It was a holiday romance and I never saw him again
30. Do you stay friends with your ex's?
Not friends with first, out of contact with second, still friends with third and with unofficial one
31. First Loves Are Never Over; is this true for you?
32. Think of all your exes. Would you take any of them back?
I'd probably take Guy back. Well that is assuming neither of us were in other relationships heh. None of the others though
33. What attracted you to your recent ex?
For the last official one, we used to hang out in a lab together on irc. Did fun things like playing ping pong in #netsex until we got thrown out heeh.
34. What didnt you like about your recent ex?
He often tasted like coffee :(
35. When was your last kiss?
A week ago in the driveway downstairs
36. Are you/have you been in love?
Yes (why bother asking that now after all the other relationship questions? heh)
37. Would you wear a boyfriend/girlfriends clothes?
Sure. Except Stu's completely don't fit me :)
38. What would you say if an ex said "I love you."
er ... okaaaaaay. Pretty unlikely to happen though.
39. Do you consider love a mistake?
40. What do you find romantic?
Um. I suppose just little things; treats; having him pay for things
43. Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them or just diving in?
I prefer to know someone first. Didn't quite work that way with Stu though, kinda jumped in with him :)
44. Have you ever wished it was more socially acceptable for a girl to ask a guy out?
er, not really, I don't think there's any problem with it, I just tended to lack confidence. Then I got old. I asked Stu out on our first (and really only) date :)
45. Have you ever been naked in a public pool?
46. Have you ever had sex on the beach?
47. Have you ever been cheated on?
48. Are you too forgiving?
I'm not forgiving enough
49. Believe its possible to remain faithful forever?
50. Do you feel pretty, and witty and gay?
er, not really
Seventeen years ago tonight, starting at 6:30pm on a Saturday night, I saw Labyrinth for the first time. So tonight, at 6:30pm, I started watching it, for the first time ever on DVD. I missed seeing it around this date last year (I usually watch it around the same time once a year) because I was thinking I'd be getting it on dvd but somehow never got around to it. So when I saw it cheap in JB Hi-Fi yesterday I decided to get it :)
Well the plan was to dig out the house plans to my parents' house and make a 3D model of it in SketchUp.
Except I couldn't find the plans :(
So after much searching I gave up and decided to do something a bit simpler - my "hobby" desk. Which, even though about as simple an object as I could find, still took quite a long time to complete.
This is a relatively accurate representation of it...
Rachel lost her first tooth tonight. She was a little freaked out by the blood. And knew G was the tooth fairy hehe. Very cool stuff.
And this is one of the pizzas we made on the weekend .. how good does it look!? :)
Flipping heck, I don't subscribe to enough geeky publications to find out what's going on in the world.
I did a rather innocent search tonight for "a380 google earth" thinking there might be a remote possibility that one might have been captured so. And found Google 3D Warehouse, and the associated Google SketchUp.
Needless to say, I'm downloading it now :)
Small selection of the couple of hundred photos I took up Sydney Tower on the weekend.
The finger wharf at Woolloomooloo (Russell Crowe's apartment is at the left end). The Art Gallery is in the foreground, and the Queen Mary 2 was parked just behind when she was here
Ships at the National Maritime Museum
Glebe Island Anzac Bridge
Star City Casino
Queen Victoria Building
Sydney Uni and RPA and King George V hospitals
Look mum I can see my house from here! No idea which building it is though
Sydney Football Aussie Stadium with Victoria Barracks in the foreground
Sydney Cricket Ground
Coca Cola sign and William St (showing where I parked to see the Queens)
St Mary's Cathedral
Hyde Park Barracks
Had an interview today. It went ok. -ISH.
Not sure that I did all that well. Don't really I think I answered the questions they way they wanted. *sigh*
Google have uploaded their high-res pics of Sydney taken on Australia Day.
The resolution is not as good as Las Vegas or Frankfurt (although in some places it's approaching it), but is still pretty good. Can see Alan & Marylon's house and car very clearly.
The silly thing is half the buildings in the CBD are taken from the north and the other half from the south, so they meet each other in the middle in a big wiggly mish-mash.
EDIT: the resolution on Bondi Beach is superb! Can see clothes (or lack thereof) on people :)
Here's the plane as it flew over
Found "This Fare City" from a link from Dave today.
And was hooked instantly!
That girl tells the *best* stories about being a cabbie in Portland.
Go check it out, it's worth it :)
I so don't get them. Actually what I don't get is how come they rate so highly on IMDB (can you tell I've been working through some of my unseen list in the IMDB top 250?). Watched City of God tonight. I wouldn't put it at #17 of the best movies of all time. Although I'd rate it a lot higher than the Godfather movies which were boring and next to impossible to follow. I just didn't get them. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
So have had the boy up for the weekend.
Friday night we watched I, Robot and the beginning of The Terminator.
Saturday we went into town with Mum and went up Sydney Tower (Stu braved the heights!! :) ), and then did the OzTrek thingie which Stu didn't appreciate quite so much heh. We were actually up the tower for over two hours, and I took a coupla hundred photos.. :) Will post some soon. Saturday night we made these totally awesome homemade pizzas and watched the end of The Terminator.
Sunday was church and a quiet afternoon, and then to J&G's for dinner.
And then he was gone :(
Remind me I must show Stu the video of The Miracle.
Watched Metropolis tonight. It was pretty cool. I think though it'd be more fun with a bunch of people to sit and speculate what they are saying .. at times like these I wish I could lip read!! :) And sheesh it's bordering on pornographic for 1927! hehe
Of course when it was done I couldn't help but put on Video Hits II to see Radio Ga Ga, but of course you can't just stop at that, you have to watch the whole thing, so I've been singing along like a drunk crazy person .. oh wait, that's what I am! hehe
- Contribution :: payment
- Ryan :: Flipper
- Minimal :: less
- Cleansed :: whitened
- Centered :: targeted
- Arrow :: broken
- Beyond :: 2000
- Execute :: kill
- Intuition :: female
- Apology :: accepted, Captain Needa
1. Can you cook? Yeah, although I'm not very imaginative
2. What was your dream growing up? To be able to fly
3. What talent do you wish you had? That I could play the piano
4. Favorite place? Maybe Lord Howe Island. Soooo need to go back there
5. Favorite vegetable? Potato (so long as it has lots of oil and/or has been baked or fried :) )
6. What was the last book you read? Body Clutter by Marla Cilley and Leanne Ely
7. What zodiac sign are you? Leo
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Just my two ears
9. Worst Habit? Too many to mention ;)
10. Do we know each other outside of Livejournal? I don't believe in Livejournal ;)
11. What is your favorite sport? er...
12. Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude? Negative
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Probably chat about crap
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? Probably having my car stolen and later crashed
15. Tell me one weird fact about you I used to eat Nutella and muesli sandwiches (they were yummy!)
16. Do you have any pets? Lots of fish
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena? No
18. What time is it where you are now? 5:57pm - beer o'clock!! .. pity I've just run out of beer :(
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Scary
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? My height
21. Would you be my partner in crime or my conscience? Conscience
22. What color eyes do you have? Greenish
23. Ever been arrested? No
24. Bottle or Draft? er.. either..
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it? Go to Europe
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? er.. whatever..
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at? Don't really have one
28. Do you believe in ghosts? Not really .. but not saying that evil spirits don't exist in some form
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Waste time on my puta or watch dvds
30. Do you swear a lot? No
31. Biggest pet peeve? Stoopid people
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Insane
33. In one word, how would you describe me? Vampiress .. heh :)
34. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? nah cause noone ever does my memes, but if you want to do it I can give you the code :)
So Stu *finally* has broadband. It's only taken 10 months!! iiNet proved to be completely hopeless over nine of these months, so Stu abandoned them and went with Internode. Who apparently kicked Telstra up the bum and got them to fix Stu's line so it'd work with ADSL.
So this is all very exciting. I might even be able to telecommute occasionally :)
Bought a wedding dress today.
I suppose I should tell my mother.
City buildings from Mrs Macquaries Road
Sydney Tower in silhouette
A pink and purple flower
And just a pink one
Some sky photos from John's place on Mitchell Road
The sky was a spectacular eerie yellowy colour tonight, pretty much impossible to capture on camera due to the white balance freaking out
- Nude :: beach
- Support :: network
- Rachel:: coates
- Crane :: neck
- Candy bar :: chocolate
- Material :: witness
- Mind games :: play
- Eviction :: notice
- Produce :: market
- Joke :: funny
Seen at Karla's the other week
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?
I don't really remember, I didn't really actually look at myself much and if I did I didn't have any earth-shattering thoughts :)
2. Do you read while you�re in the bathroom?
Used to, but not much anymore
3. What�s a word that rhymes with �fit�?
4. Favorite planet?
Saturn (aside from the obvious)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list?
Bit hard to see missed calls on my Blackberry, but fourth last received call was from Stu
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone?
An ancient nokia one that used to go "beep"..............."dee-di-leep"..................."dee-di-lee-di-leep"........... it was very subtle and I could often pick it up without other people realising it had rung.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
My navy Millers tshirt
8. What were you doing 20 minutes ago?
Reading webpages (imdb I think)
9. Name the brand of shoes you�re currently wearing?
10. Bright or Dark Rooms?
Bright (unless it's night and the blinds are open)
11. What do you think about the person who posted this survey?
Totally jealous of her (living in Europe and regularly doing short trips all over Europe)
12. If you�re in a room with two beds, which one do you sleep in?
Shrug, don't much care, altho I suppose I'd take the one most out of the way
13. What were you doing at exactly midnight last night?
Sleeping I think
14. What was your last text message you received on your cell?
"Boy killi dead :-(" (ok so technically that was the second last received)
15. How do you like your eggs?
Sunny side up, scrambled or omelette good too
16. What�s a word/phrase that you say a lot?
"It wasn't me I didn't do it"
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
My hair?? The carpet?
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Five servings of EtOH; copious quantities of Sunset yellow FCF, Allura red AC, Sodium citrates, Disodium 5�-guanylate and Disodium 5�-inosinate (among many others); various animal proteins (mostly chicken); some lactose; various complex and simple carbohydrates; some DHA & EPA.. yeah quite a lot of them really :)
20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
None, although I do have photos from two memory sticks to download off my camera
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
22. Your worst enemy?
I only have one enemy that I know about, not mentioning any names
23. What wallpaper do you have on your desktop?
24. What was the last thing you said to someone�.
25. If you had to choose between a million dollars or to be able to fly?
26. Do you like someone?
I like lots of people, but especially Stu :)
27. If you could punch one person in the face, who would it be?
er, noone.. maybe George W
28. What is the closest object to your left foot?
My right thigh
29. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be.
30. If one thing about you could always remain the same, what would it be.
Went to a wedding today. Ok so technically I didn't *actually* go - in fact it was 12 years ago! No instead I recorded J&G's wedding from vhs onto dvd. It was pretty cool :) And gave me some ideas for my wedding too heh
As seen at Dave's the other week
A- Available or Single? No, engaged to Stu :)
B- Best Friend? Stu
C- Cake or Pie? Pie (most fruits)
D- Drink of Choice? Orange juice
E- Essential Item? My digital camera
F- Favorite Color? Aqua blue
G- Gummi Bears or Worms? er.. worms mabye
H- Hometown? Sydney, Australia
I- Indulgence? right now, Doritos cheese supreme
J- January or February? Dunno. January probably - usually quieter at work, but too hot
K- Kids and Names? Don't have kids
L- Life is incomplete without�? Stu
M- Marriage Date? Dunno yet. Maybe October.
N- Number of Siblings? One
O- Oranges or Apples? Probably apples. I like oranges, but they are too sticky/messy
P- Phobias/Fears? Cobwebs
Q- Favorite Quote? Live long and prosper
R- Reasons to smile? Stu, I'm healthy, and got enough money to do some of the things I like
S- Season? Spring
T- Tag 3 people? I don't tag
U- Unknown Fact About Me? er.. dunno
V- Vegetable You Hate? Brussel sprouts aren't very pleasant.
W- Worst Habit? No comment :)
X- Xrays You�ve Had? My left foot, my chest, my teeth (don't have that one though)
Y- Your Favorite Foods? Roast pork with crackling, cheese flavoured potato crisps, my potato bake
Z- Zodiac? Leo
So after the suckiest week I've had at work in a long time, I declared beer o'clock this afternoon and proceeded to drink may through five beers over the course of the evening.
Watched the Karate Kid part II cause I haven't seen it in years and it's really sweet, and then Love Actually on telly cause it's also really sweet.
And for some strange reason (must have been the Nutrigrain ad), got Mullose in my head....
You've had Mullose in your ears for years, now get Mullose in your mouth every morning!
10 points to anyone who gets *that* reference :)