Recently in This or That Category
1) DVD or VHS? DVD
2) Best Literary/Movie Villan: Voldemort (Harry Potter) or Sauron (LoTR)? Voldemort
3) Meat: rare or well-done? Rare
4) High Speed Internet-Cable or DSL? DSL
5) Women: 1-piece bathing suit or Bikini? I have a 1-piece
6) To be fair--Men: Boxers or briefs? N/A
7) Beer or Liquor/Wine? Both have their uses
8) Coke or Mountain Dew? Coke
9) In honor of my 10/18/03 nuptials: Morning or Afternoon/Night Wedding? Probably afternoon
10) Carpet or Hardwood Floors Carpet
11) American cars or foreign? Well duh, American cars *are* foreign :)
12) Cutest TV Twin: Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen? Both look the same to me...
13) Coffee: Caffeinated or Decaf? ewwww hate coffee
14) Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: Computers: Do they make life better or worse? Why? Depends whose life. I wouldn't have my job(s) without them
In a weird mood at the moment. On strike until the little matter of a bonus is sorted out. It's not like it's even much - probably on the order of $50 if I've calculated correctly. But it's the recognition of a job well done that I want. Anyways, enough of that.
1. Strawberries or blueberries?
Both are good
2. "Legally Blonde 2" or "Terminator 3"?
Terminator 3 without a doubt. That reminds me, must go order the T2 Ultimate Edition brb
3. Hamburgers or hot dogs?
Hot dog, with tomato sauce and American mustard
4. Boating or hiking?
Both are good
5. Suntan lotion or sunblock?
I call it sunburn cream, go figure
6. "Big Brother" or "The Amazing Race"?
Amazing Race for sure
7. Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett?
Beach Boys I guess
8. Grow your own produce or buy from supermarket/greengrocer/farm stand?
Grocer, I live in a flat!
9. Drive with car windows/top down, or with air-conditioning on?
Windows down unless it's really really hot (air conditioning takes a lot of power away from my little car and a lot of petrol)
10. Go away for vacation, or stay at home?
I love to travel, so I'd prefer to go away, but I also like getting things done at home, and used to adore the three month holidays I got at uni when I could do whatever I liked for weeks on end
1. Lemonade or Ice Cold Beer? Shrug, either
2. Swimming pool or beach? Pool - you don't get sand in your cossies that way
3. Long weekends here & there, or a 2-week vacation? 2 week holiday
4. Destination: Acapulco or Hawaii? Never been to Acapulco .. Hawaii was average. Waikiki was covered in broken coral and Sunset Beach has a concrete base
5. Destination: Mountains or Beach? Probably mountains
6. Hotel/motel/B&B or camping? Motel - I like clean and a soft bed, but also as cheap as possible
7. Carefully planned vacation, or play it by ear? I like trying to cram as much as I can into a holiday to get my value out of it
8. Sneakers or sandals? Sneakers
9. Air-conditioning or fans? Air con is good, although I don't have it in the flat, just in the car
10. Concerts in the park or baseball games? Who outside the US goes to baseball games in summer anyway?
Had dinner at James and George's tonight, and Robbo (aka Peter) came over also. Thoroughly pleasant evening, but decided at 11:20 that I had to go home and get some sleep.
Lost another Danio, and I'm missing a Siamensis and a Neon Tetra :(
1. Surf sites at random, or have a set list of regular reads?
Mostly regular but will often read random links off This or That, or Friday Five
2. Do you visit mostly blogs, or news or other sites?
Blogs over news sites
3. Do you go online every day, or just a couple of days a week?
All day every day
4. Do you allow comments on your blog, or not?
Yep, why not? :)
5. Do you shop online at all, or at regular stores?
Sometimes I buy online, but not a lot
6. Have you ever done online bill-paying/banking, or not?
Yup, much easier than getting to a bank or post office
7. Which news site do you prefer... MSNBC.com or CNN.com? Or do you prefer some other one?
cnn is probably the only american news site I go to if something big happens
8. Live chat rooms, or message boards?
I used to use IRC a lot, but it wastes too much time, so now just the odd blog
9. Instant messaging or e-mail?
10. Yes or no: have you ever met, or at least talked on the phone with, another blogger? If not, would you want to? Why or why not?
Not a blogger, but have from chat/icq.
1. Newspapers or magazines?
SMH for the crossword, that's it
2. Books-on-tape or regular books?
3. Paperback or hardcover?
Paperbacks are cheaper
4. Fiction or non-fiction?
Depends what for
5. Sci-Fi/Fantasy or romance novels?
6. Borrow from library or buy books (either new or used)?
Borrow from friends if possible :)
7. Subscribe to magazines or buy on newsstand?
8. Current best-sellers or classic literature?
9. Read books once, or re-read favorites every so often?
I rarely read books, and generally will only read them once through, although I have read Star Trek VI three times, go figure
10. Here in the U.S., we have two hot best-sellers...former First Lady Hillary Clinton's memoirs, and the new Harry Potter book (coming out June 21). If you had to read one, which one...Hillary or Harry? Why?
Harry! Well that goes without saying
1. "The Munsters" or "The Addams Family"?
The Addams Family. I used to think Morticia was so sexy, and I hung out for them to show her and Gomez actually kiss
2. "The Sopranos" or the "Godfather" movies?
Never seen either
3. "The Jetsons" or "Lost in Space"?
Never seen the Jetsons, only saw a few episodes of Lost in Space, including the same episode twice several years apart
4. "Superman" or "Batman" (either the TV shows or the movies)?
Batman, Michael Keaton, 1989
5. "Sex & The City" or "Friends"?
All the characters in Friends annoy the hell out of me. Sex in the City is more interesting, but I've only seen a few episodes
6. "The Wizard of Oz" or the "Harry Potter" movies?
Harry Potter hands down
7. "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill"?
Never seen King of the Hill
8. "Grease" or "Saturday Night Fever"?
9. Old prime-time soaps: "Dallas" or "Dynasty"?
Never seen them
10. Not very thought-provoking this week...do you prefer TV shows or movies?
Each have their own good points
1. Cats or dogs?
Cats are good to snuggle with, dogs are good to play with. Dogs smell more..
2. Butterflies or birds?
3. Horses or cows?
4. Turtles or snakes?
5. Frogs or grasshoppers?
6. Lions or tigers?
7. Elephants or mice?
In what context? :)
8. Porcupines or aardvarks?
9. Unicorns or dragons?
How about Pegasus? I think having Pegasus as a pet would have been awesome!
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You live in a rather dumpy apartment. A friend offers you a chance to be a roommate at a new place s/he is moving into, but they don't allow pets. You have a pet. Do you find your pet a new home and take the new place, or do you keep your pet and stay put?
Depends how attached to the pet I was. I've never had anything other than a budgie or fish, so I can't really say, but I'd probably stick with the pet.
1. Do you prefer silence or do you like background sound (music, TV, etc)?
I like background music. Music is better than tv - tv is too distracting
2. Bathe/shower in morning or evening?
Morning - to wake up! Evening to wash hair
3. Sleeping in complete darkness, or with a nightlight on?
A bit of light from a window is good
4. Lay out clothes the night before, or just grab what's closest in the morning?
Grab what's in the closet
5. Hang up/fold clothes neatly, or just toss them wherever?
Hang em up
6. Work out at a gym, or at home on your own (or do you not bother with exercise)?
Exercise? What's that?
7. Talk on the phone, or via IM/e-mail?
ICQ or email
8. Are you usually on time, or late?
On time. I hate being late. I hate making people wait for me (I also hate having to wait for late people)
9. Spendthrift or frugal?
10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: You work with someone who is not in the habit of bathing regularly. The smell seems to be getting worse and worse! Would you: 1. try to do something about it, or 2. try to grin and bear it? If you said 1, what would you do?
I'd do something about it. How I approached it would depend on who it was.
Watching "The Green Mile" again. Got through most of the support mail and had my dinner cooked by 7:30 and there was nothing on TV, so put it on.
1. Large or small family?
Don't care really. In terms of my own offspring, that aint likely to happen anyway
2. Potato chips or pretzels?
Potato chips! Chippies!!
3. House or apartment?
4. Zebras or giraffes?
5. Candles or potpourri?
6. Flowers or trees?
To climb or to smell?
7. Right or left-handed?
I'm right handed
8. Model trains or dolls/stuffed animals?
Probably model trains, although I don't really have either
9. Comedy or drama?
Either. Probably drama.
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: The city of Boston has recently banned smoking in all restaurants and bars. Would you want to see such a law passed in your city/town/country, or not?
Australia has had laws like this for a while, and I'm all for it.
1. Packrat or minimalist? I'm a packrat normally. I always get bagged out for carrying my backpack around with all the essentials in life - purse, girlie things, phone charger, spare batteries, pagers, keys, lip balm, memory card reader, software cds, more keys, diary, water bottle, camera, umbrella
2. Computer: desktop or laptop? Desktop
3. Seashore or mountains? Either one
4. Carpeting or bare floors? Carpets, definitely
5. Drinking water: bottled or tap? Tap
6. Shopping websites: eBay or Amazon? eBay
7. Cute little kitties or big scary tigers? kitties!
8. Front door or back door? In what context? :)
9. Lots of jewelry, or little/none? Little. I usually wear a standard pair of earrings and my favourite necklace that I got from my childhood sunday school teacher for my 21st birthday
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: At the last minute, you obtain tickets to an event you're dying to attend. However, you have to work that day! Do you ask the boss for the time off, or just call in sick?
I'd ask for the time off, and would almost certainly get it too; I love my job (and my boss), (well ok I don't completely love my job, but there are plenty of aspects of it that are *good things*)