December 2011 Archives
- In August for my birthday to see a John Williams concert and visit friends and family
- In September to play tour guide to Dave2 and be a tourist in my home town
- In December to repeat the tourist trip with Kore
- Weird Al Yankovic
- Folk Festival
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- John Williams at the Opera House
- Za Kabuki
- Floriade Nightfest
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
- Hook by Geary Gravel (and got a comment by the author!)
- Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Mallorean series by David Eddings
- National Velvet by Enid Bagnold
- Got lots of my photos onto the RiotACT
- Saddened by the Queensland floods
- Lots of scanning of old photos
- Got a GPS and had some fun
- The little brother came to stay a few times with various people in tow (or by himself)
- Balloon fiesta including going up in one!
- Walk around Government House
- Saw Peter Russell-Clarke at the mall
- Enjoyed the third season of Masterchef but decided not to watch the second kids series
- Walked up Black Mountain again in May and went up the tower this time
- Watched Amazing Race Australia
- Did the Mount Majura to Mount Ainslie walk
- Missed two lunar eclipses (4am the first time, clouds the second time)
- Met Fiona again (x2), and Lisa and Chris
- Radio silence in July when our internet went out for two weeks
- Skiing in July
- Trivia night for Stu's work
- Geotagged UK photos, but didn't get them all online
- Walked up Mount Taylor
- Stu's sister bought a new house in Canberra which makes visiting somewhat easier
- Hanami party in September, would have been better a week later
- Two games nights at Mishi's (only played games on one of the nights)
- Blog got screwed over (again) by my hosting company
- Saw the Queen
- Saw Air Force One come to land at Canberra
- Got some cool photos of lightning
Fish in the dugong tank
Deck chairs outside Town Hall
Then we had a wander through the QVB. Stopped in to look at HobbyCo. Nearly didn't get Stu and Kore away from the anime section ;)
Old freight trains
Crystal pavilion thing in the QVB
Christmas Tree in the QVB
In the "4D" show
Harbour from the tower
Was aiming to be out the door by 9:30 but it was actually closer to 10am. Went through maccas drive through for brunch and then hit the Federal Highway.
The clouds over Lake George (and Mt Majura) were pretty spectacular.
Traffic was fairly heavy heading out of Sydney, with some fairly long queues on the M5 before and after Campbelltown.
Arrived at my parents' place a bit after 1pm. Had nibbles followed by roast pork and lamb. Nom nom nom!!
After present opening we just chatted and watched slides of our USA 2004 trip and I processed the day's photos and we watched Kore's plane take off from LAX with Plane Finder.
I got a super cool Lego camera -
Pictures aren't super awesome, but it's a fun toy :)
We christened mum and dad's new electric frypan with some zucchini fritters (I had brought up a zucchini that needed eating).
And then before we knew it it was bed time...