Recently in Friday Five Category
1. What blood group are you?
2. Do you give blood? Why/why not?
No. I did it twice, and both times I was quite sick after. A pint of blood out of me is a higher proportion of my blood volume than it is for other people (another reason it sux being little)
3. Are you listed as an organ doner? Again, why/why not?
Yep. All our family are. We don't need our organs if we're dead, and if someone's life is saved because of them then all the better.
4. Would you donate an organ or other part of your body (eg bone marrow) while still alive?
Perhaps. Although bone marrow donating is pretty traumatic I've heard. But if was going to save someone's life I probably would.
5. Would you consider leaving your body to medical science? Or maybe just parts of your body?
No .. don't like the idea of first year med students chopping me up. Silly I know.
Went and saw Lord of the Rings - Return of the King last night. It was an epic to say the least. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen. The air conditioning got turned off sometime after midnight though, so much of the last part of the movie was watching in a boiling hot, stuffy cinema. Not pleasant at all. Made the multitude of endings that much harder to bear, and everyone was thinking "get on with it" each time a new ending scene started.
1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?
hrm. No idea what my biggest accomplishment was. But a recent one was switching to a new faculty print server with minimal disruption and next to no calls in the following week from people not being able to print.
2. What was your biggest disappointment?
Being rejected by dingbat.
3. What do you hope the new year brings?
Getting active directory setup without any disasters. Although that's only two weeks in, haven't thought too much about the rest of the year. A promotion would be nice.
4. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? If yes, what will they be?
I don't make new year's resolutions. I'd like to learn the piano though.
5. What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
With a bit of luck going to Luc and Cynthia's to watch the fireworks from their place in Pyrmont.
1. List your five favorite beverages.
2. List your five favorite websites.
3. List your five favorite snack foods.
4. List your five favorite board and/or card games.
5. List your five favorite computer and/or game system games.
Onya Sandra for winning Survivor VII :)
And now for a Friday Five on a Monday..
1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Well let's see.. normally we have 30C+ days here.
2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
Which holiday? Christmas is for family, New Years is for friends. Christmas should also include roast pork at some point, and New Years should include fireworks.
3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
I like Christmas trees and fairy lights. And roast pork.
4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
Just through church if anything
5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
See a previous post .. probably a digital camera is highest on the list.
Hoping to get a decent sleep-in tomorrow. Somehow doubt it will happen.
Survivor this week was pretty cool. Although talk about a cliffhanger to see who'd get to go back into the game next week.
Nothing much else is happening really.
1. Using one adjective, describe your current living space.
2. Using two adjectives, describe your current employer.
3. Using three adjectives, describe your favorite hobby/pasttime.
addictive, time-consuming, fascinating
4. Using four adjectives, describe your typical day.
frustrating, relaxing, good, bad
5. Using five adjectives, describe your ideal life.
happy, healthy, contented, comforted, satisfying
For some reason I have that song in my head. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the very small chance I might get to see them next year.
1. Name five things in your refrigerator
Milk, orange juice, cheese, soft drink, dip
2. Name five things in your freezer
Meat, meat, meat, meat, meat. And some leftovers :)
3. Name five things under your kitchen sink
Dish washing stuff (obviously), aluminium foil, garbage bags, glad wrap, lots of chemicals
4. Name five things around your computer
Desk, phone, lots of computer books, software boxes, lego spacemen minifigs
5. Name five things in your medicine cabinet
Band-aids, steroid stuff for dermatitis I had a few years back, thermometers, stuff for mouth ulcers, codral
1. What vehicle do you drive?
2. How long have you had it?
Two and half years (after my last laser was kidnapped and murdered)
3. What is the coolest feature on your vehicle?
Air conditioning? :)
4. What is the most annoying thing about your vehicle?
The locks - I haven't had them replaced since it got broken into last, and the central locking sometimes jams and the driver side door doesn't open, so I have to go round to the passenger side door to open the lock
5. If money were no object, what vehicle would you be driving right now?
Probably a 1997/1998 WRX
According to my weather pixie, the temperature at Sydney Airport hit 34C at 5pm today. We're only three weeks into spring!
And because I haven't done one of these in a while..
1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
I don't have a favourite anymore. Previous favourites have included 1927, David Bowie, Queen and Billy Joel
2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
Shrug. Don't care too much. I thought Brittany Spears was a bit of a fake
3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
I've only been to a few. The best *shows* were from international acts - Billy Joel and Brian May
5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?
Sure. But I do think music is ridiculously expensive to buy, so can see why people would do it. It's also good for getting stuff that's next to impossible to find in the shops. Like does anyone know where I could buy a copy of Transvision Vamp's Pop Art in Australia? Probably on the internet somewhere I guess, but certainly not in stores.
1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I always thought Arielle is a pretty name (not Ariel - as in the Little Mermaid - that could be mistaken and pronounced aerial)
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
dunno, parents just like the name
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
My brother was going to be Wendy if he'd been a girl .. shrug
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?
yeah.. actually .. the technical stuff is pretty true
Was almost on the news tonight.. they were filming outside the hospital today and saw the footage on the news just now
Got a bunch of lego clips today, very exciting.. no.. really.. ;) Also one of my thingies on ebay is over $12!!
Think is time to go sleepie. night
Flipping MT. Just lost a whole paragraph because when you hit back by accident, you can't go forward and get back what you were typing >:(
Was just commenting on the wierdness of Christmas in the Harry Potter world. I've always found it quite strange that the world of Harry Potter celebrates Christmas and Easter. The whole "Christian" and "magic" world are so totally opposite, you couldn't have them both at the same time. Wizards would be just as anti-christian as Christians are anti wizards. Why would wizards celebrate a holiday that wouldn't even exist without Christ? If there was such a thing as a magic world, Christianity wouldn't actually exist. I just find it really odd.
friday five following..
1. When was the last time you laughed?
Just recently (watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
2. Who was the last person you had an argument with?
3. Who was the last person you emailed?
Someone at work I think.
4. When was the last time you bathed?
Shower this morning
5. What was the last thing you ate?