Results tagged “Singstar” from Kazza the Blank One


| | Comments (0)

So two nights ago I went to bed at 10pm and didn't get to sleep for three hours.

Last night I went to bed and went to straight to sleep.  And woke up at 4:15am and never got back to sleep.

Yeah so basically I'm a zombie.

Zombie, zombie, zombie, yeah yeah yeah .. what's in your he-ead what's in your he-ead... (sorry.. Singstar song)

Tonight we watched a couple of episodes of Veronica Mars S2 and now it's bed time.  

I still haven't done the vaccuuming ..


Arrival at Chay and David's.  Thanks David for picking me up!  Did pretty much nothing all day.

The sweetie arrived late in the afternoon yayyyy!  Was good to see him.

Chay cooked a nice moussaka for dinner.

I can't actually remember if we did any Singstar that night, but I know we all had a very early night.


Was working on some photo stuff in the morning, when Chay remembered she had a jigsaw for me to do, so that kept me happily occupied whenever I had any down time.

We all went out to have sushi for lunch, then we went and saw The Equalizer.  I liked it, except that it was overly violent for my tastes.

Did a bit of shopping afterwards, and had bbq chicken and salad for dinner.

After dinner Storm and Jamie and Sam came over.  We played Cards Against Humanity which was fun, although I didn't manage to win a single round, which was somewhat demoralising.  Played a bit of Singstar as well.


Had a quite morning mostly doing the jigsaw.

Then we packed a picnic lunch and headed out to White Rock for a decent walk.  It was good, but I found the heat getting to me quite a bit.  Had lunch on top of the rock.

Had pizza for dinner.

Sam came over again, and we played some Buzz and Singstar.


Another quiet morning doing jigsaw.

Went out to sushi again for lunch.  Also went and got a coffee from Kailyn.

David cooked roast pork for dinner yumm.

Played some Trivial Pursuit, then Buzz and Singstar.


Sadly said goodbye to Chay and David (thanks guys, it was a lovely few days, as always).

Then hit the road and drove and drove.

Stopped to get coffee near the Gold Coast, then had some lunch at the Scottish Restaurant in Ballina. 

Ducked into Grafton to see if the jacarandas were out yet (they weren't - too early for them).

There was quite a bit of road works going on to duplicate the Pacific Highway (*finally* - at least thirty years overdue), so we were a little late getting to South West Rocks. 

Ruth cooked a very nice roast chicken for dinner.

Then we collapsed into bed.


Another long day of driving.  

Got some petrol and some coffee outside of Port Macquarie.

Lunch was KFC at Heatherbrae.

Slow slow slow along Pennant Hills Road (are they *ever* going to join the M1 to the M2??).

The straight through to Canberra.  

Between petrol stops at the Gold Coast, Port Macquarie and Canberra was 1158 kilometres.  We put 75.06 litres of petrol in.  So 6.48 litres per 100 kilometres.

June Long Weekend

| | Comments (0)

Yeah it's been that kind of couple of weeks.

On the Saturday of the long weekend, Stu made a Cantonese custard with pork mince.  It was yummy!  But quite a lot of effort.

Cantonese custard with pork mince

Sunday morning we had brunch at the Coffee Club, although it was so late I had an early lunch.

Coffee club calamari

Then we went to the poultry show at Epic.  We didn't think it was still on at first because there was hardly anyone around at Epic.  But as it turned out, it was on, just in a smaller pavilion.  Apparently there'd been a bit of a faction split of some kind, and a lot of people weren't there.  We saw a whole heap of Kath's chookens that had won prizes.  Hers are very friendly chickies that don't mind being patted.

Long duck

Stu and a duck

Cute chickie

Kath's fluffball

Kath's chickie

Dunny brush chickie

Pretty chickie

Fluffy chickie

Nice goose

Then did our food shopping and came home.

On the Sunday night we had "Effan C" over for dinner.  I did the boeuf bourguignon, and prior to that we had quite the little party of cheeses.  And afterwards we sampled quite a few of our whiskeys.  And there might have been singstar that went til 2am!


Monday was mostly just culling down Turkey photos for sending out to people.

In the evening we went to Stu's sensei's place for shabu shabu beef.  Yumm.

Shabu shabu beef


So Thursday we had a nice slow morning.  Saw Fiona off, then got ready and headed to the airport.

VH-YFI Boeing 737-800

Took a Virgin Australia flight because it was $20 each cheaper than Qantas.  Stu even got a spare seat next to him which was nice.  Got some snackages on the plane for lunch.

Canberra from the plane

Gulgong - the town on the $10 note.  Well it used to be.

Turns out I even got a couple of pics of Chay and David's suburb, and the reserve (middle) that we did a couple of walks around.

Had the nice approach into Brisbane, and I think pretty much the only time I've done this approach, in daylight, with a window seat.


Picked up our hire car and then headed into New Farm to have a look at the city, get something more to eat, and have a look at Stu's old house. (I took my jumper off after I got off the plane, and didn't put it back on again til we arrived back in Canberra!)


Then we headed out to Chay and David's.

We've driven past this pool a few times, but this was the first time I'd ever seen anyone in it.

For dinner we picked up some beer and pizza.  I had pepperoni and feta, with a couple of pieces leftover for breakfast.


We played a few games of Buzz and did some Singstar.


Fairly slow morning.  I'd had awful trouble sleeping because of the heat, and also the bed sagged in towards Stu so felt like I was lying on a slope all night.

After my pizza leftovers for breakfast, we eventually headed out to Orion, where we got the sweetie a coffee and had sushi for lunch.

Stu and Kailyn

In the afternoon I worked on a jigsaw Chay had picked up for me, and we all pretty much just chilled out.

Later in the afternoon we all went for a walk in the nearby reserve.

Family walk

We also had a look at the memorial to Jeremy Wackrow (spelt Jeremy Wacrow on the memorial), who had been found dead there in October 1995.  (The next day on the same walk we even ran into the guy that found him).

Jeremy Wackrow Memorial

Jeremy Wackrow Memorial

Camira walk


Had some very nice fish and cauliflower bake for dinner.  

Then we headed over to Storm's where we played quite a few games of Emporer-Scum, and then some Singstar til very late.



Better sleep last night!  I had leftover cauliflower bake for breakfast.  Continued to work on the jigsaw, where I had to defend the pieces against Ichi stealing them!


We were going to go to the cafe in Springfield Lakes for lunch, but it was closed!  How rude!

Springfield Lakes cafe

So we went back to Orion for sushi again.

After lunch we went for a drive to go see Helen's amazing new house.

Helen's house


Came home and finished the jigsaw.


David cooked up the rest of the fish, as well as a whole stack of yummy veggies.  Yum!

Watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was good, but it was very strange seeing Emma Watson try to do an American accent!  Then played a bit of Singstar.


Woke up at 5am, then couldn't get back to sleep :(:(:(  Got up and we headed off to Sizzler for breakfast.  All you can eat bacon FTW!  Except the bacon ran out, so it wasn't all you could eat, unless you wanted to wait.  So waited, but the bacon wasn't as nice in this batch.  Mushrooms were almost gone the first round, so had to wait for those too.  Didn't have a croissant cause they looked pretty doughy.  The potato gems were really nice though.  And had the added bonus of not needing to eat again til dinner time.

Sizzler breakfast

Picked up another small jigsaw at Crazy Clark's on the way home.

Did a bit of the jigsaw, then had a long afternoon siesta.  

Had another walk around the reserve, but it wasn't nearly as nice - heaps of trail bikes making a whole tonne of noise :(

Sunset grass

Had corned beef that had been in the slow cooker all day.

After dinner played a couple of games of Buzz, then watched Sherlock, then some Singstar.

David and I tied in "Who Wants to Live Forever"
Singstar tie


Quiet morning.  Had muffins for breakfast and finished the little jigsaw.

Stu and Ichi


Then we headed out to the airport and had some snackages in the Qantas club.

The flight back was also pretty good, and most of the back of the plane was empty, so Stu got a spare seat next to him again.  Flew right over the top of Sydney, then into Canberra from the south.

Plane shadow

Plane shadow

Gold Coast
Gold Coast

Cessnock (with the Crowne Plaza where we stayed at Christmas at the bottom left)

Lake Macquarie and some of Newcastle
Newcastle and Lake Macquarie

Tuggerah Lakes
Tuggerah Lake

Gosford and Brisbane Water

Eastern Suburbs of Sydney
Sydney Eastern Suburbs


So as always, a lovely weekend away!

Day of Rest

| | Comments (0)

Well mostly.

Doc came over last night for Mario Kart/Buzz/Singstar which was a lot of fun.

Today just mostly did jigsaw and computer stuff.  Did go out and do some food shopping and I did a roast chicken and a bunch of veggies which will provide lots of leftovers for the week.

Fairly quiet weekend

| | Comments (0)
So apart from having Doc wander up for some Mario Kart and Singstar on Saturday night, we didn't do anything this weekend.  Well not outside the house anyway.  Just the usual cleaning and tidying and photo sorting and catching up on rss feeds.  

Oh we did watch the first episode of Brideshead Revisited this afternoon.  Jeremy Irons is pretty hot even at 33.  And plenty of been-theres at Oxford :)
Saturday I got up at a reasonable hour and went and picked up supplies for the evening.  Brought home some Maccas breakfast.

Then spent pretty much the whole day cleaning the house.  Oops.  Finished up like a quarter of an hour before people started turning up.

So yeah, four Davids, a Neil and a Simon came.  We started off by playing some rounds of Buzz until everyone arrived.  Then DC arrived with pizzas, and we watched The Big Lebowski, followed by Blazing Saddles.  I struggled to keep awake through Blazing Saddles ;)   My favourite part was when they zoomed out of the fight scene to show the Warner Bros backlot.  Very cool :)

Then most people went home, but Doc and Windy stayed for a bit of Singstar (and I set a couple of high scores for Poison and Heaven is a Place on Earth :) ).  Slightly late night.  Oops.

Managed to squeeze in one beer at drinks before being picked up.  Made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  Had already checked in, so just needed to drop off bags, but no automatic machines that I could see at Canberra airport for plebs, so went to counters to drop off bags.  Went into the Qantas lounge for drinks and snackages.

Qantas club snacks

Then Stu got a notification on his phone that flight was delayed.  Oh well, more snackages.  And delayed again.  Flight was nearly two hours late by the time we got away :(  Got a beef stroganoff of some description for dinner on the plane.

People please, stand back from the luggage carousels so other people can see the bags going past and actually get to the carousel to pick up their bag!!  Sheesh!!

Rude people

Because the flight was so late, the car rental place was closed.  So had to walk all the way back into the terminal to pick up the keys, and back out again.  At that time of night it wasn't much fun.  And their computer system was down as well.  Hurrah.

Finally got the car and headed off, thinking we'd use the toll roads and get there a bit quicker.  

Big mistake.

Traffic jam on the M1

Night roadworks on the M1 meant we were stopped for long periods of time in several places along the motorway :(:( 

We had a hybrid car, so the stop start traffic was kinda quiet and fuel efficient.
Finally arrived - very very late - but still ended up talking til around 2am before going to bed.



Latish on Friday morning we headed down to Springfield Lake for brunch.  Although someone misheard it as Bugger Lake and so that's what it then became known as :)

I had a reasonable caesar salad, although all the pieces were in separate sections..

Caesar salad at Springfield Lake

Boat racing on Springfield Lake

Dropped into the Springfield aquarium and got a new heater for the aquarium, and Chay got a good deal on some plants on logs and a big sunken ship.

Fish tank

Headed out again after setting up the fish tank and went to a few different aquariums looking for fish.  We ended up getting eight ghost mollies, six male guppies, four sucking catfish and a betta.

Ghost mollies

Dinner was lots of Pizza Capers pizza.  Then we played Buzz (they have some different Buzzes we don't have, must go looking for them) and SingStar.  


Saturday morning is garage sale time!  Mainly looking for books for Chay's business, but picked up a few other bits and pieces as well.  Got some sushi for lunch and saw Batman on a segway!!  

Batman Segway

Headed back out again in the afternoon and ended up getting some female guppies, and another betta for K (who had picked up a small fish tank at one of the garage sales that morning).

K's fish

K playing her saxophone

Dinner was chicken pies with mac&cheese - yumm!

After dinner we attempted to watch Seven Samurai but I was restless (so was Chay, who couldn't actually sit there) and then David had to go drop some stuff off at Chay's mum's, so we gave up.  Sorry sweetie, I'll watch it with you one day..

So played Buzz again, and more Singstar.  Not as late that night, and I set some pretty insane scores (9720 for Where the Wild Roses Grow, 9727 for Come As You Are and a whopping 9837 for Heaven is a Place on Earth!!).  Helped being mostly sober I suppose heh.

Singstar score


Headed out to our favourite Brisbane cafe for brunch - Ascot Provisions.  Driving around I was actually surprised how everything had recovered from the floods.  In a lot of places you'd really never know there'd ever been any flooding there at all.  Amazing stuff.

I had the big breakfast.  They're still doing the mini cheese kranskys (I preferred the bigger ones they used to do).

Ascot Provisions big breakfast

Saw some interesting things on the drive back.

A staircase to nowhere..
Staircase to nowhere

Brisbane CBD from the Story Bridge
Brisbane CBD

And a human aquarium.  This is a swimming pool at the top of a building opposite the Gabba, with windows so you can see into it!
Human aquarium

Dropped into Hardly Normal to look for Buzz games (didn't find any, but did find this sign)
Harvey Norman sign

Did some more shopping at Orion.  Found a couple of Buzzes.  Also did some food shopping for dinner.  

Jungle cat

Dinner was a super awesome roast pork and veggies with an amazing apple sauce.  I swear David can cook about ten times as well as I can :/  I did my (fake) violet crumble cheesecake for dessert.

Night three of Buzz (the new ones) and Singstar.


Much of Monday was just chilling out, watching Big Bang Theory, reading news feeds etc.  Did a Bunnings run to get some new runners for the front sliding door.  Then packed up and left.

Again made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  Which was a good thing, because all the new works around the airport terminals, and a truck going down the wrong way towards us in the lane we were trying to drive down, meant we missed the sign to the rental car return (because the truck was in the way).  Second loop around we went to a different part of the parking (luckily didn't get charged for the long stay carpark).  But we did see the sign this time (after it was too late to change).  Third time around we finally got it right.  Lame lame lame.  Returned the car ok and used the electronic bag drop gizmos for the first time.  Took a lot longer than handing them to a human, but I imagine it'd get a lot quicker once you got the hang of what you need to do.

So the plane was delayed.  Again.  What else is new.  We had an hour wait in Sydney on the way back, but as the plane got later and later it was looking like we wouldn't make the connection.  So they got us onto the preceeding flight, but even that was going to be cutting it fine.  They brought out a beef teriyaki for dinner.  We got a lovely view of Sydney as we flew past it, then flew waaaayyyyyy out to sea before finally swinging around and landing from the south on 34R.  We finally arrived at the terminal pretty much as the other plane was due to leave. Fortunately it was only four gates down, and several other people were transferring too.  So we raced down and got on the plane at the very last minute - they closed the doors a couple of minutes later.  I was thinking there was no way our bags possibly could have made it..

Flight to Canberra was pretty quick and uneventful.  Took off from Sydney to the west and straight on down, approaching Canberra from the south in very windy conditions.  But the landing was a lot smoother than I thought it would be, considering how much we were getting buffeted.

Had to walk out onto the tarmac (love it when that happens :) ) - where we'd just gone from beautiful t-shirt weather to suddenly cold and wet and windy.  Craziness.

Went inside and then waited to see if our bags had made it.  Which, miracle of miracles, they did!!  Was very impressed with Qantas making *that* happen :)

So got home very late and pretty much just crashed.

Had a lovely few days.  A nice relaxing weekend, good company, fun times and even read plenty of my very behind news feeds.

Same time next year guys :)
Picked up three preowned Singstar disks today for $22 each at EB Games.  Except it was buy 3 pay for 2, so the three of them only cost me $44, and then I used a gift card from work, so really they didn't cost me anything! Win!  Came home and played through about a third of Singstar 90s.

Anzac Day

| | Comments (0)
Didn't really do anything to mark Anzac Day.  Boring...

I had plans to work on the back yard yesterday, but I couldn't work up the enthusiasm.  Instead I worked on the hobby room.  Made a little progress rearranging the clutter in there..

After dinner Doc came up and we all played some Mario Kart and some Buzz before staying up quite late doing lots and lots of SingStar :)
Thursday morning (1st July) we had a bit of a sleep in. An hour before we had to leave I thought I'd better pack heh. Left on time and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare.

We had an Embraer E190 which is one of the smallest commercial jets flying. Two seats each side of the aisle. And surrounded by screaming kids. Yay. So a very noisy trip. And no music to listen to either - no headphone sockets. There was cloud cover over Eastern Australia so didn't have much of a view so ended up just reading the Virgin Blue magazine which kept me occupied the whole trip.

Our Embraer E-190
Embraer E-190
This sticky tape on the wing tip was a little disturbing
Over Canberra
Interior of the E-190
Interior of the E-190
Over Brisbane
Brisbane Air Traffic Control Tower
Brisbane Air Traffic Control Tower

Arrived just before 2pm and went and picked up our hire care. Took the scenic route through Brisbane so we could drive past Stu's old flat. There's so many new bridges and tunnels here now it was a little bit freaky!

New overpass being built near the airport
New freeway overpass
Stu's old flat
Stu's old flat
Go Between Bridge - opening the next Monday
Go Between Bridge about to be opened

Got to Chay and David's around 3pm and then we chatted for ages before going on a booze run. Had beer and ordered pizza and ended up watching V for Vendetta. Then the others went to bed and David and I stayed up til a bit after 1am Singstarring.

Friday had a huge sleep in (10:30!!) and got to up to find we'd kept everyone awake :( Decided to go out for coffee and shopping. Went down to the lake for coffee and other drinks. Then went to the Orion shopping centre. I got a couple of Singstars for $20 each. One of these days we'll have to get a Playstation...  Had a look in BigW at Lego prices and wandered round looking at other things too. Had a sushi snack. Looked in the Reject Shop. Then did some food shopping in Woollies. Got home at 15:45 oops :)

Boats being raced on the lake
Yachts on the lake
Kailyn on a mall ride
Kailyn on a mall ride
Feeding the guinea pigs
Feeding the guinea pigs on the way home

So David and Daemon cooked a roast chicken for dinner which was highly nom. Started watching The Backup Plan but lost interest in that and ended up just playing Mario Kart and then some Singstar til midnight.

Miss Mog
Miss Mog

Saturday had another reasonable sleep in. Went out with Chay to a few garage sales so she could look for books, but they were all pretty crap. Mostly clothes.

Feeding the guinea pigs again
Guinea pigs again

Played through the 50cc Mario Kart cups to unlock all the locked ones for them then played a few rounds with the kids.

Chay made a fantastic lasagna for dinner - better than any of the lasagnas I've ever made.

Then we went out and saw Toy Story 3 which was pretty awesome but a bit dark for a G rating I thought. Came back then played some Buzz. First the general one which I was an epic loser at, then the music one which I was still a bit crap at but at least the scores were a lot closer. Then the others went to bed and David and I stayed up and did a couple of ten-course Mario Kart cups.

Sunday we got up at a more normal time, dropped Kailyn off at a friend's place and the four of us grown-ups went to breakfast at Ascot Provisions (Stu got random breath tested on the way which was a bit.. random). I tried the "breakfast pizza" because its toppings of cheese kransky, hashbrowns, cheese, egg and onion relish intrigued me. It was pretty good actually :) 

Clem 7 Tunnel
Clem 7 Tunnel
Breakfast pizza at Ascot provisions
Breakfast pizza

Next we headed to South Bank. Went on a bit if a scenic tour if Brisbane cause we didn't have a real GPS but even if we did, so much has changed recently it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. So we got there and managed to find parking in one of the parking stations. Unfortunately it's a flat rate $15 which is a bit rude if you only plan to be there for a couple of hours :(

Victoria Bridge, Brisbane
Victoria Bridge, Brisbane


Anyway, wandered our way past a Scottish festival and up to the Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA) to see the Ron Mueck exhibition. It was pretty awesome, I'll post pics in a separate post.

Kurilpa Bridge
Kurilpa Bridge
Scottish Festival
Scottish Festival
Scottish Festival

We were all pretty tired and peopled out at this point so headed for home (via a short detour past The Jazzy Cat Cafe where I first met Stu five years ago but it wasn't there anymore!)

David and I went and picked up Kailyn and then to Coles for supplies. Came back and reheated the leftover lasagne with some pan bread and we made up a salad too. Watched Merlin and then Waynes World (party time, excellent) which the kids didn't appreciate nearly enough ;) Played some Mario Kart then some Singstar Eighties.

We dressed up Wallace in Kailyn's clothes

Monday morning Chay cooked up a pretty awesome breakfast of bacon, tomatoes and cheese, spaghetti and toast. Then we played a little Mario Kart before packing up our stuff and saying goodbye.

Wallace enjoys breakfast

Gateway Bridge(s)  (didn't realise a second one had opened earlier this year)
Gateway Bridge(s)

Returned the rental car to the airport then caught the first of two planes of the afternoon. Was a bit bummed that our seats were over the wing (I couldn't get anything further back - looks like a young sporting team had already booked out most of the back of the plane). Then someone from my old job said "Karen" and then just stared at me. Most awkward. I of course was a bit thrown, and she wasn't any help reminding me who she was. Hrmmmmm. People. They suck sometimes.

Qantas 767
Qantas 767
View of a wing, and the Brisbane River
Brisbane River
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Sydney Harbour Bridge
Sydney Harbour Bridge
Sydney CBD
Sydney CBD

Had a snack in the Qantas Lounge in Sydney but the creamy sauce I put on my salad was actually really really hot horseradish. Hurt my mouth :( Sigh.

Last plane home was a 737 and we were right near the back, but it was too dark for photos. And the flight was so short that they'd only just come round with snacks/drinks before we had to put up our tray tables. Oops. In the end I brought the little bottle of wine home unopened.

These beetroot chips were cool, but they make your poo purple - which is pretty darned freaky!
Beetroot chips

So had a really nice trip. It was very relaxing and *warm*!! Winter is definitely the time to visit Brisbane! Really not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow though.. The stress is a little bit ridiculous at the moment....

More sing

| | Comments (0)
So yesterday had me doing the housework to tidy up and clean before Dave and Alex came over for a late lunch (of nomm pasta bake).  Much beer and wine was drunk over the course of the afternoon.  Then the original plan was for them to go home and put The Mighty Angus to bed, but someone had the idea for us to go over and play Singstar :)  Where of course we drank quite a lot more wine.  And sang lots.  And I got beaten! :)  These guys are pretty good :)  Wasn't a hugely late night, but the effects of ten hours of drinking kinda made itself known heh.  

Today played some wii for a bit, then went over to Scott and Kerry's, then did our grocery shopping.  And watched quite a lot of tv.  

And so now the weekend's over :(


| | Comments (1)
Was really not feeling like going out tonight.  Had a crap late afternoon at work (upstream servers again, not even my crap downstream ones) and it was rainy and miserable.

But we forced ourselves to go out, and had a lovely curried chicken of Nanette's and had some beer and did lots of Singstar. 

Was a fun evening :)

(did you know how freaking hard "The Circle of Life" is to do on Singstar???)


| | Comments (0)

Tonight (after a fairly quiet day and a quick trip to the markets) we went over to Windy's for a bit of a birthday gathering.  

They did a meat fondue which was pretty cool.  A pot of heated oil that you dip chunks of raw beef into to cook, then a few sauces to dip the meat into.  Was lots of fun and a bit chaotic, and the BIL asked if we were doing any swinging ;)
Meat fondue
Gingerbread cookies
After dinner was much Singstar to be had :)
Including a variation I'd not heard of before - reverse Singstar - where you're not allowed to look at the screen!  Freaky!  Really only works with songs you know really well though. I had a go at You're The Voice, which I know all the words for, and did ok at it :)
Davids doing Singstar


| | Comments (0)
Today Windy got Queen Singstar at Toys'r'us for $20 (which makes me think I should go and buy some of these Singstars at such a cheap price - even though we don't have a Playstation .. hrmm), so we walked back to his place and started playing.  Well actually we stopped at the shops to buy some beer (as you do) and had started to head back when Nanette had to wait for us at a pedestrian crossing.  So we got a lift the rest of the way. 

Anyways.  We sang a few Queen songs while Nanette got dinner.  Had dinner.  Then did the rest of the Queen singstar.  Then we did some Abba.  And some Eighties.  And some Legends.  

It was lots of fun :)

A few more days

| | Comments (3)

So the weekend.  Where was I?

Saturday (as usual) was mostly a cleaning/tidying/organising/shopping day.  
Cooked a nomm roast pork and potato bake and had Julia and Paul over to enjoy it.  They brought their PS3 and Queen Singstar over, but their PS3 wouldn't talk to our TV, so most disheartened about that.  So watched Rockwiz instead.  Dessert was a chocolate fondue with strawberries, banana, rockmelon, and biscuits to dip. 
Fondue night
We were very full by the end of the night :)
Sunday was fairly quiet.  Stu went out for a bit, which left me alone to tidy up, and then feel a bit down.  Not really sure why.  Maybe all the rain.  
Sunday arvo I got NRMA to jump start my car.  Really need to drive it more often.  Every three or four weeks is just not enough.  Took it for a drive out to Mitchell to dump some speakers, a (working) CRT monitor and a few bits and pieces.  I decided it would be better to go late in the day rather than early. WISE DECISION!  We were in and out of the place in about two minutes (whereas people who went early Saturday were waiting in traffic for an hour or more).  The piles of CRTs (monitors, tvs) and computers were amazing.  Would have been good to take some photos, but we were in and out so fast and I was driving so didn't have the chance.  The guys were having fun throwing things around on the piles to smash them heh.
Geotagged just about all my Japan Day 2 photos, most of them to within a few metres of where they were taken.  
And then it was Monday.  It really felt like a Monday too :/  Got home, had dinner and watched a special on the Lockerbie bombing, and suddenly it's nearly 9:30 .. how??
And the interwebs is broked.  So think will just go to bed and read some more of The Daily Coyote.  .. Edit, internet is back.  Posting, but then going to bed anyway.
Feels like a really long day .. although I didn't actually *do* anything...!

Did a little bit of work in the morning before an all-official-like morning tea with the big boss.  Ate far too much yummy food there.  Because then we had a farewell lunch, which of course I wasn't hungry for.. oops!  Had a couple of beers and a salad I couldn't actually get through - tragic really.  So that went for ages, then we went to JB Hi-Fi and Windy bought Abba Singstar.  I was going to go home at that point, but Stu wasn't up for coming to get me, so decided we should go play Windy's new Singstar :)  So we did :)  Did pretty much the entire Abba disc, except for a couple of the ones that have parts - which are evil!  Also did some of his other ones.  We ended up singing for about two and a half hours - oops!  

Then had some dinner and a few beers while singing along with The Sound of Music  ;)
At least, most of it.. we decided to call it a night after the wedding, as we were getting tired and the movie still had like an hour to go.  They should *totally* do a Sound of Music Singstar ;)

So all up quite a fun day :)
No sir no dancin' today ..

I couldn't possibly have that in my head cause that was the last Singstar song we sang tonight.. ;)

So after work drinks a bunch of us went back to Bruce's for Singstar which was an awful lot of fun.  I even managed to set a few records :)  JJ would have definitely won for spirit, as he was entirely too enthusiastic :)

Bruce needs to get himself some more Singstars tho... :)
Kazza's "Boring Life Of a Geek" aka BLOG

IT geek, originally from Sydney, moved to Canberra in 2007. Married to "the sweetie", aka Stu. Prolific photographer, Lego junkie and tropical fish keeper.

Kazza the Blank One home