Results tagged “Buzz” from Kazza the Blank One


Arrival at Chay and David's.  Thanks David for picking me up!  Did pretty much nothing all day.

The sweetie arrived late in the afternoon yayyyy!  Was good to see him.

Chay cooked a nice moussaka for dinner.

I can't actually remember if we did any Singstar that night, but I know we all had a very early night.


Was working on some photo stuff in the morning, when Chay remembered she had a jigsaw for me to do, so that kept me happily occupied whenever I had any down time.

We all went out to have sushi for lunch, then we went and saw The Equalizer.  I liked it, except that it was overly violent for my tastes.

Did a bit of shopping afterwards, and had bbq chicken and salad for dinner.

After dinner Storm and Jamie and Sam came over.  We played Cards Against Humanity which was fun, although I didn't manage to win a single round, which was somewhat demoralising.  Played a bit of Singstar as well.


Had a quite morning mostly doing the jigsaw.

Then we packed a picnic lunch and headed out to White Rock for a decent walk.  It was good, but I found the heat getting to me quite a bit.  Had lunch on top of the rock.

Had pizza for dinner.

Sam came over again, and we played some Buzz and Singstar.


Another quiet morning doing jigsaw.

Went out to sushi again for lunch.  Also went and got a coffee from Kailyn.

David cooked roast pork for dinner yumm.

Played some Trivial Pursuit, then Buzz and Singstar.


Sadly said goodbye to Chay and David (thanks guys, it was a lovely few days, as always).

Then hit the road and drove and drove.

Stopped to get coffee near the Gold Coast, then had some lunch at the Scottish Restaurant in Ballina. 

Ducked into Grafton to see if the jacarandas were out yet (they weren't - too early for them).

There was quite a bit of road works going on to duplicate the Pacific Highway (*finally* - at least thirty years overdue), so we were a little late getting to South West Rocks. 

Ruth cooked a very nice roast chicken for dinner.

Then we collapsed into bed.


Another long day of driving.  

Got some petrol and some coffee outside of Port Macquarie.

Lunch was KFC at Heatherbrae.

Slow slow slow along Pennant Hills Road (are they *ever* going to join the M1 to the M2??).

The straight through to Canberra.  

Between petrol stops at the Gold Coast, Port Macquarie and Canberra was 1158 kilometres.  We put 75.06 litres of petrol in.  So 6.48 litres per 100 kilometres.


So Thursday we had a nice slow morning.  Saw Fiona off, then got ready and headed to the airport.

VH-YFI Boeing 737-800

Took a Virgin Australia flight because it was $20 each cheaper than Qantas.  Stu even got a spare seat next to him which was nice.  Got some snackages on the plane for lunch.

Canberra from the plane

Gulgong - the town on the $10 note.  Well it used to be.

Turns out I even got a couple of pics of Chay and David's suburb, and the reserve (middle) that we did a couple of walks around.

Had the nice approach into Brisbane, and I think pretty much the only time I've done this approach, in daylight, with a window seat.


Picked up our hire car and then headed into New Farm to have a look at the city, get something more to eat, and have a look at Stu's old house. (I took my jumper off after I got off the plane, and didn't put it back on again til we arrived back in Canberra!)


Then we headed out to Chay and David's.

We've driven past this pool a few times, but this was the first time I'd ever seen anyone in it.

For dinner we picked up some beer and pizza.  I had pepperoni and feta, with a couple of pieces leftover for breakfast.


We played a few games of Buzz and did some Singstar.


Fairly slow morning.  I'd had awful trouble sleeping because of the heat, and also the bed sagged in towards Stu so felt like I was lying on a slope all night.

After my pizza leftovers for breakfast, we eventually headed out to Orion, where we got the sweetie a coffee and had sushi for lunch.

Stu and Kailyn

In the afternoon I worked on a jigsaw Chay had picked up for me, and we all pretty much just chilled out.

Later in the afternoon we all went for a walk in the nearby reserve.

Family walk

We also had a look at the memorial to Jeremy Wackrow (spelt Jeremy Wacrow on the memorial), who had been found dead there in October 1995.  (The next day on the same walk we even ran into the guy that found him).

Jeremy Wackrow Memorial

Jeremy Wackrow Memorial

Camira walk


Had some very nice fish and cauliflower bake for dinner.  

Then we headed over to Storm's where we played quite a few games of Emporer-Scum, and then some Singstar til very late.



Better sleep last night!  I had leftover cauliflower bake for breakfast.  Continued to work on the jigsaw, where I had to defend the pieces against Ichi stealing them!


We were going to go to the cafe in Springfield Lakes for lunch, but it was closed!  How rude!

Springfield Lakes cafe

So we went back to Orion for sushi again.

After lunch we went for a drive to go see Helen's amazing new house.

Helen's house


Came home and finished the jigsaw.


David cooked up the rest of the fish, as well as a whole stack of yummy veggies.  Yum!

Watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was good, but it was very strange seeing Emma Watson try to do an American accent!  Then played a bit of Singstar.


Woke up at 5am, then couldn't get back to sleep :(:(:(  Got up and we headed off to Sizzler for breakfast.  All you can eat bacon FTW!  Except the bacon ran out, so it wasn't all you could eat, unless you wanted to wait.  So waited, but the bacon wasn't as nice in this batch.  Mushrooms were almost gone the first round, so had to wait for those too.  Didn't have a croissant cause they looked pretty doughy.  The potato gems were really nice though.  And had the added bonus of not needing to eat again til dinner time.

Sizzler breakfast

Picked up another small jigsaw at Crazy Clark's on the way home.

Did a bit of the jigsaw, then had a long afternoon siesta.  

Had another walk around the reserve, but it wasn't nearly as nice - heaps of trail bikes making a whole tonne of noise :(

Sunset grass

Had corned beef that had been in the slow cooker all day.

After dinner played a couple of games of Buzz, then watched Sherlock, then some Singstar.

David and I tied in "Who Wants to Live Forever"
Singstar tie


Quiet morning.  Had muffins for breakfast and finished the little jigsaw.

Stu and Ichi


Then we headed out to the airport and had some snackages in the Qantas club.

The flight back was also pretty good, and most of the back of the plane was empty, so Stu got a spare seat next to him again.  Flew right over the top of Sydney, then into Canberra from the south.

Plane shadow

Plane shadow

Gold Coast
Gold Coast

Cessnock (with the Crowne Plaza where we stayed at Christmas at the bottom left)

Lake Macquarie and some of Newcastle
Newcastle and Lake Macquarie

Tuggerah Lakes
Tuggerah Lake

Gosford and Brisbane Water

Eastern Suburbs of Sydney
Sydney Eastern Suburbs


So as always, a lovely weekend away!

Day of Rest

| | Comments (0)

Well mostly.

Doc came over last night for Mario Kart/Buzz/Singstar which was a lot of fun.

Today just mostly did jigsaw and computer stuff.  Did go out and do some food shopping and I did a roast chicken and a bunch of veggies which will provide lots of leftovers for the week.

What else ...

| | Comments (0)

Saturday: breakfast at Black Pepper, food shopping, jigsawing, house stuff, computer stuff, Angel and Buffy

Sunday: jigsawing, house stuff, computer stuff, Andrew over for Mario Kart (he won out of 16 races), Ticket to Ride (I won), lamb roast, Buzz (Stu won one and I won another) and Wii Olympics (gave up on the London one cause it's retarded and went back to the Beijing one).

Better Sunday

| | Comments (0)

Alternated between doing jigsaws, cleaning the house and catching up on blog entries.

Andrew came over this afternoon and we played a couple of games of Roborally, then a few races of Mario Kart, then had a nom nom nom roast pork for dinner, then some Buzz and some more Mario Kart.  Quite a nice evening really :)

Last night Nat and Andrew (and Steve for a while) came over for a small pool party.  We put the spa bar to good use, and nibbled on cheese and crackers and chips and dip and carrots, all while enjoying our respective drinks.  

NYE pool party

Then after a while we came in and had dinner - pasta bake with a couple of salads and some garlic bread made at the last minute by Nat.

Steve then went off to another party, and we played a few games of Buzz and watched my episode of Catchphrase.

Watched the Sydney fireworks at midnight (and saw the Canberra ones out the window at 9pm) and off to bed fairly late.

All in all a nice end to the year :)

Today at about 3:37 I had gotten fed up with mess and decided it was time to go home.  Or at least go have a beer.  To which Neil suggested the Haha Bar, leaving at 4pm.  To which I wholeheartedly agreed.  So went down with the usual suspects and had a very pleasant couple of beers and mulled wines by the lake.  Even the sweetie came in for a bit, which was lovely.

So we got home and Nat and Andrew arrived and we looked at Stu's Japan photos and cooked a pasta bake for dinner and played several games of Buzz.  Best I could do on the leaderboard was one win - couldn't get fastest finger or most correct answers or even most taunts (I was robbed I tells ya!!).

Super fun evening :):):):)
Saturday I got up at a reasonable hour and went and picked up supplies for the evening.  Brought home some Maccas breakfast.

Then spent pretty much the whole day cleaning the house.  Oops.  Finished up like a quarter of an hour before people started turning up.

So yeah, four Davids, a Neil and a Simon came.  We started off by playing some rounds of Buzz until everyone arrived.  Then DC arrived with pizzas, and we watched The Big Lebowski, followed by Blazing Saddles.  I struggled to keep awake through Blazing Saddles ;)   My favourite part was when they zoomed out of the fight scene to show the Warner Bros backlot.  Very cool :)

Then most people went home, but Doc and Windy stayed for a bit of Singstar (and I set a couple of high scores for Poison and Heaven is a Place on Earth :) ).  Slightly late night.  Oops.

Managed to squeeze in one beer at drinks before being picked up.  Made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  Had already checked in, so just needed to drop off bags, but no automatic machines that I could see at Canberra airport for plebs, so went to counters to drop off bags.  Went into the Qantas lounge for drinks and snackages.

Qantas club snacks

Then Stu got a notification on his phone that flight was delayed.  Oh well, more snackages.  And delayed again.  Flight was nearly two hours late by the time we got away :(  Got a beef stroganoff of some description for dinner on the plane.

People please, stand back from the luggage carousels so other people can see the bags going past and actually get to the carousel to pick up their bag!!  Sheesh!!

Rude people

Because the flight was so late, the car rental place was closed.  So had to walk all the way back into the terminal to pick up the keys, and back out again.  At that time of night it wasn't much fun.  And their computer system was down as well.  Hurrah.

Finally got the car and headed off, thinking we'd use the toll roads and get there a bit quicker.  

Big mistake.

Traffic jam on the M1

Night roadworks on the M1 meant we were stopped for long periods of time in several places along the motorway :(:( 

We had a hybrid car, so the stop start traffic was kinda quiet and fuel efficient.
Finally arrived - very very late - but still ended up talking til around 2am before going to bed.



Latish on Friday morning we headed down to Springfield Lake for brunch.  Although someone misheard it as Bugger Lake and so that's what it then became known as :)

I had a reasonable caesar salad, although all the pieces were in separate sections..

Caesar salad at Springfield Lake

Boat racing on Springfield Lake

Dropped into the Springfield aquarium and got a new heater for the aquarium, and Chay got a good deal on some plants on logs and a big sunken ship.

Fish tank

Headed out again after setting up the fish tank and went to a few different aquariums looking for fish.  We ended up getting eight ghost mollies, six male guppies, four sucking catfish and a betta.

Ghost mollies

Dinner was lots of Pizza Capers pizza.  Then we played Buzz (they have some different Buzzes we don't have, must go looking for them) and SingStar.  


Saturday morning is garage sale time!  Mainly looking for books for Chay's business, but picked up a few other bits and pieces as well.  Got some sushi for lunch and saw Batman on a segway!!  

Batman Segway

Headed back out again in the afternoon and ended up getting some female guppies, and another betta for K (who had picked up a small fish tank at one of the garage sales that morning).

K's fish

K playing her saxophone

Dinner was chicken pies with mac&cheese - yumm!

After dinner we attempted to watch Seven Samurai but I was restless (so was Chay, who couldn't actually sit there) and then David had to go drop some stuff off at Chay's mum's, so we gave up.  Sorry sweetie, I'll watch it with you one day..

So played Buzz again, and more Singstar.  Not as late that night, and I set some pretty insane scores (9720 for Where the Wild Roses Grow, 9727 for Come As You Are and a whopping 9837 for Heaven is a Place on Earth!!).  Helped being mostly sober I suppose heh.

Singstar score


Headed out to our favourite Brisbane cafe for brunch - Ascot Provisions.  Driving around I was actually surprised how everything had recovered from the floods.  In a lot of places you'd really never know there'd ever been any flooding there at all.  Amazing stuff.

I had the big breakfast.  They're still doing the mini cheese kranskys (I preferred the bigger ones they used to do).

Ascot Provisions big breakfast

Saw some interesting things on the drive back.

A staircase to nowhere..
Staircase to nowhere

Brisbane CBD from the Story Bridge
Brisbane CBD

And a human aquarium.  This is a swimming pool at the top of a building opposite the Gabba, with windows so you can see into it!
Human aquarium

Dropped into Hardly Normal to look for Buzz games (didn't find any, but did find this sign)
Harvey Norman sign

Did some more shopping at Orion.  Found a couple of Buzzes.  Also did some food shopping for dinner.  

Jungle cat

Dinner was a super awesome roast pork and veggies with an amazing apple sauce.  I swear David can cook about ten times as well as I can :/  I did my (fake) violet crumble cheesecake for dessert.

Night three of Buzz (the new ones) and Singstar.


Much of Monday was just chilling out, watching Big Bang Theory, reading news feeds etc.  Did a Bunnings run to get some new runners for the front sliding door.  Then packed up and left.

Again made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  Which was a good thing, because all the new works around the airport terminals, and a truck going down the wrong way towards us in the lane we were trying to drive down, meant we missed the sign to the rental car return (because the truck was in the way).  Second loop around we went to a different part of the parking (luckily didn't get charged for the long stay carpark).  But we did see the sign this time (after it was too late to change).  Third time around we finally got it right.  Lame lame lame.  Returned the car ok and used the electronic bag drop gizmos for the first time.  Took a lot longer than handing them to a human, but I imagine it'd get a lot quicker once you got the hang of what you need to do.

So the plane was delayed.  Again.  What else is new.  We had an hour wait in Sydney on the way back, but as the plane got later and later it was looking like we wouldn't make the connection.  So they got us onto the preceeding flight, but even that was going to be cutting it fine.  They brought out a beef teriyaki for dinner.  We got a lovely view of Sydney as we flew past it, then flew waaaayyyyyy out to sea before finally swinging around and landing from the south on 34R.  We finally arrived at the terminal pretty much as the other plane was due to leave. Fortunately it was only four gates down, and several other people were transferring too.  So we raced down and got on the plane at the very last minute - they closed the doors a couple of minutes later.  I was thinking there was no way our bags possibly could have made it..

Flight to Canberra was pretty quick and uneventful.  Took off from Sydney to the west and straight on down, approaching Canberra from the south in very windy conditions.  But the landing was a lot smoother than I thought it would be, considering how much we were getting buffeted.

Had to walk out onto the tarmac (love it when that happens :) ) - where we'd just gone from beautiful t-shirt weather to suddenly cold and wet and windy.  Craziness.

Went inside and then waited to see if our bags had made it.  Which, miracle of miracles, they did!!  Was very impressed with Qantas making *that* happen :)

So got home very late and pretty much just crashed.

Had a lovely few days.  A nice relaxing weekend, good company, fun times and even read plenty of my very behind news feeds.

Same time next year guys :)

Anzac Day

| | Comments (0)
Didn't really do anything to mark Anzac Day.  Boring...

I had plans to work on the back yard yesterday, but I couldn't work up the enthusiasm.  Instead I worked on the hobby room.  Made a little progress rearranging the clutter in there..

After dinner Doc came up and we all played some Mario Kart and some Buzz before staying up quite late doing lots and lots of SingStar :)

Happy Birthday Nat!

| | Comments (0)
Yesterday we met up with Nat and Andrew at what used to be Kitschen, but is now Kingswood Bar and Grill, who of course don't take Entertainment Book vouchers.  Lame.  Food was ok (my pasta could have been a little moister).. Andrew's chips rocked though.

Nat and Andrew
Then they came back to our place and we played Buzz (Nat won one and I won one), Creationary (had some fun collaborative play), Pictionary (Stu and I won) and Mario Kart (Nat won - who else? ;) )

Creationary play
Super fun afternoon :)

Kazza's "Boring Life Of a Geek" aka BLOG

IT geek, originally from Sydney, moved to Canberra in 2007. Married to "the sweetie", aka Stu. Prolific photographer, Lego junkie and tropical fish keeper.

Kazza the Blank One home