Guppy babies

On a lighter note from yesterday, the same mother that gave birth a month ago had a new batch of babies. I caught six and put them in a baby trap. I think one got eaten by one of the mothers. I couldn't see any more. All six are still alive this morning.

Baby guppies and their father

CC said:

Wow, is that the daddy? Can we borrow him? We need some new genes to play with in our tank here. They're a bit inbred! I think our mummies are pregnant again! We've still got about a dozen babies swimming around in the nursery from the last two pregnancies.

November 28, 2005 4:04 PM

Well the other mother had her little school over the weekend - I now have twenty babies - you can have some of those if you like :)

November 28, 2005 9:55 PM

CC said:

Hehe! Read my latest post! We're about to have more of our own! Wanna swap babies?!

November 30, 2005 7:15 PM

Mary Lou said:

I have jsut decide to start to breed guppies. Im trying tofind out as much information that I can before I begin. Any information that you culd send me would be great and any items I may need to help me get started. Thanks

April 23, 2006 9:08 AM

heh breeding guppies requires very little imformation. You get a boy and a girl, put them into a tank together, and four weeks later you'll end up with babies :)

April 23, 2006 9:26 AM

Marnie said:

Hi there i am only new at this breeding thing but i have a beautiful male and both my Female guppies are pregnant and seem to be going for a long time, one looks like she is due anytime now but doesn't seem to be bearing anything yet??? as i am new at this i am unsure how long it takes?

September 7, 2006 4:35 PM

Usually takes about four weeks. And they can look very fat for a good couple of weeks before they pop :)

September 7, 2006 5:41 PM

Marnie said:

Yeah my Female started releasing little yellow egg like things this morning, i hope she is not going into pre mature labour if you can call it that, but she seems to be acting funny so i hope things go ok if that is what she is doing. she has been going for four weeks already, and i am sure she is due. so i am hoping that its the beginning.

September 9, 2006 10:25 AM

booli said:

My guppies had babies.... there are about 14 of them. When is a good time to release them back into general population??

December 3, 2006 12:15 PM

mmmm babies hehe
you can release them when they're big enough not to get eaten :)
I dunno, I suppose a few weeks? Although if left to their own devices, some babies will hide and survive.

December 3, 2006 12:43 PM

booli said:

Where in Australia are you kazza?? How long have you been breeding guppies?? Have you had any great results in breeding them getting different colours etc....?

December 3, 2006 7:30 PM

I'm in Sydney. I wouldn't exactly call myself a breeder. That's just what guppies do. I tried a couple of times to get some blue guppies but they just died straight away (more sensitive strain??) so I'm just sticking with the mutts I have

December 3, 2006 8:19 PM

booli said:

We're in hills district of sydney. We too have mutts and would like to breed some more. Would be interested in swapping some fish in order not to interbreed too much!!!

December 3, 2006 9:03 PM

jo said:

where did u get this fish it is freacken osm

February 13, 2007 10:51 AM

jo said:

where did u get this fish it is freacken osm

February 13, 2007 10:52 AM

gh said:

Mine is more beautiful
beech

March 8, 2007 5:35 AM

SpinalKord said:

OMG.

I bought Guppies today, two ladies and to gents.

Their colors are ;
$Male1 = Blue ;
$Male2 = Orange ;
$FeMale1 = Black spots on tail ;
$FeMale2 = Orange ;

Now The sexes were not together when I bought them so hopefully they will only use the genes I have chosen. (Its like Mad Scientist stuff)

Today is Day one and the males and females are playing the game of love (Hard to get)

I will post some pics and mabye even some youtube stuff. :)

September 10, 2007 9:19 PM

Simon said:

Hi Kazza,

I've just started raising Guppies, I've raised Koi and fancy goldfish before though. Can you tell me where in Sydney can I can find good places to buy nice looking Guppies. I've bought 8 only last week from the local aquarium but they are no where near the colours I see you got.

Thanks

June 20, 2008 2:43 PM

katy said:

That is the most beautiful FISH i have ever seen in my life time!

June 3, 2010 2:01 AM

Wendy said:

does anyone know where I could buy guppies from the breeder?

January 30, 2011 5:58 PM

Karolina said:

What kind of guppy is this or what is it mixed with . This guppy is beautifull . If u have babies hand me some please

June 30, 2012 1:58 PM