What can you do?

So Jim and John went skiing last weekend. They didn't tell me this before they went. They just all went. Forgetting any sort of practical issues with the situation, they still *went without me*.

So this morning Jim says to me "do you want to see some pictures?", to which I said "will I get jealous?" and complained that they keep going off without me. To which he said "oh as your employer I have to distance myself". Yah. Right. I wonder if it'd be any different if I weren't a girl.

So now I'm debating whether I want to keep lunching with them. It's not like I'll *ever* be counted as a "friend". I could start taking my own lunch in and save some money. And chat to Stu if he's at his desk. I dunno. What do people think?

Aurelius said:

Think you're reading too much into it.
But what you do for lunch should always be what pleases you.

August 29, 2005 10:09 PM

Richard said:

They probably didn't want to run the risk of being shown up by a girl who could ski better than them.

August 30, 2005 3:18 AM

Yvonne said:

Dunno about the friends thing but you should take your lunch anyway. Cheaper and better for you :) and you could cook and raost and have yummy roast (Insert Meat Here) sandwichs or a nice tossed salad with Roast ?? on top. Hmm I am getting hungry. May just have to eat brekkie....

August 30, 2005 10:50 AM

Soss said:

Always a bad bad idea to have a boss as a friend... I have done it twice now!!

Do your own thing at lunchtime, or change your viewpoint .. work colleagues rather than "FRIENDS". Keep it simple and it will work much better, in my humble onion, that is.

August 31, 2005 10:35 PM

yah I guess.

btw, soss, your last comment there was comment number 2000 on my blog :)

August 31, 2005 10:40 PM

Soss said:

Ahhh, the fame.. or is it, the infamy the infamy they've all got it infamy!

August 31, 2005 10:59 PM