Nokia 6100 phones suck

So after nearly a month of not having my new phone cause the speaker was crap and I sent it back but then the repairer had it marked completed two weeks ago but they hadn't bothered to send it back and I was calling up Vodafone every day trying to find out where it was, I finally got a new phone today.

And it's got the same f!@#ing problem with a crap speaker!! >:(

The speaker just whines and sounds awful. It left me completely demoralised because now I'm in for *another* fight to get a working phone.

Huhness said:

Ha i bought a 3300 or whatever it is i forget now.. how silly :P and the camera was broken so sent it back and didn't get any info or a new phone for a month which had a problem with the screen the optus shop just ended up runing to the back thowing a box at me and telling me to never come back..

i guess thats what happens when you call them everyday for a month abusing them...

Nice blog btw how do you keep up with entries everyday..?? wow.

March 31, 2005 10:40 PM

Ben said:

I used to *love* Nokia, now I covert Sony-Erickson phones.

Lifes like that, no?

April 1, 2005 6:03 PM

soss said:

apparantly it's about talking to the right person.. whether it be a crap phone or a tarrif that is higher than another companies ... you can get it changed for a new one (upgraded if need be!)or get a cheaper tariff. I think you need the customer liason dept. Tell them that you have been a good customer for x years and you are now disatisfied bla bla.
Ask them want they will do to keep your custom. They are there to make money out of *you*, so telling them you will change or add posts to notice boards about how crap it is should do the trick ... well, according to an expert on getting "what you want" that I listened to on the radio yesterday!
Not sure if that's any help... just passing it on!

April 2, 2005 9:16 AM

Yvonne said:

Nah the 6100 is just a crap phone. Pete has one.
I work with a phone repairer, dunno if that would help..possibly not....
I have a nokia 3530 for sale atm...with cable for the computer maybe that would help. Dunno

April 3, 2005 10:12 PM

Trainman said:

Funny. My Nokia 2110 had a crap speaker too. In the end, I glued a speaker to the outside of the case and wired it in to the phone. It was much better, but kept getting bumped. I got rid of it for the 6110 I think... I have had / have:
1610, 2100, 2110, 3210, 3350, 5510, 6110, 6600, 8210, 8310.

The 6600 is my favourite.

April 5, 2005 12:35 AM

I still haven't called the Nokia customer care number provided with the replacement phone. It's just such a depressing thought. But I'm going to do it this week. Give them a piece of my mind.

April 5, 2005 8:42 PM