Sexy older men

Mushroom posted recently about her like for "older" men, and I have to agree with her. I've always had a thing for older men. I think men reach their peak between 35-45.

Let's just take a few of my favourite examples:

Jason Isaacs, early noughties (Harry Potter 39, The Patriot 37, Peter Pan 40)
David Bowie, mid-late eighties (Labyrinth 39, Glass Spider 40)
Jeremy Irons, nineties (Die Hard with a Vengeance, 47 - damn he's sexy in that movie! -was on telly tonight)
Gary Sinise, nineties (Ransom, 41)
Michael Keaton, late eighties (Batman, 38)
Richard Dean Anderson, late eighties (MacGyver, 35-40)
Timothy Dalton, late eighties (The Living Daylights, 41)
Kevin Spacey, late nineties (The Negotiator, 39)
Arnold Vosloo, late nineties (The Mummy, 37)
Yul Brynner, mid fifties (The King and I 41, The Ten Commandments 41)
Ewan Stewart, late nineties (Titanic, 40)
Liev Schreiber, mid naughties (The Manchurian Candidate, 37)

mmmm yum what a damn fine collection of men :)

(Incidentally, Christopher Plummer was 38 in the Sound of Music :) )

Dave2 said:

Waaaaahh! I'm officially an "older man!' And here I was clinging to the hope that "older" meant 70-80, and I was still middle-aged! Yikes... what happend after 45?? :-)

September 25, 2004 1:26 AM

Well I've like men in this age bracket all my adult life.. and when you're sixteen, 40 is rather old... lol ;)
*and* as you recall, I liked you rather a lot ;)

September 25, 2004 6:49 AM

Mushroom said:

Mmmmm... Christopher Plummer :)

September 29, 2004 9:49 AM

Crazy4em said:

I found older guys treat you better as a younger partner than my peers do (30's), who don't seem to have a clue......

February 14, 2007 9:56 AM

Shiny said:

i like older men writing to me hot things about them

March 28, 2007 6:22 PM

Denise said:

Im 18 and I am marrying a man who is 36....oh yeah, I got my dream hunk. I too have always liked older men. I got a long with them more intellectually (not that I am without my adolescent moments) more than my peers. I liked older music, I liked to think about thing beyond superficial highschool chatter (not that theres anything wrong with highschool chatter, but I never really indulged in it.)

Yeah, I've always liked people like Paul Hogan, Harrison Ford, Slash, Jeremy Irons, etc. I like a man to look like a MAN, not a pre-pubescent little boy, like it seems most guys my age look like. And Im from a conservative family (though Im liberal in most other aspects of my life, ) so I have a more conservative view on relationships. I can be an independant woman, and I will have my say in the responsibility, outside of the kitchen, but at the end of the day, I want my guy to be the man and take care of me, and I'll be the woman and nurture him. I don't like todays MTV view of relationships where the couples pretty much live seperate lives but come home and share a paraphrase over dinner and a romp in the bedroom.

wow, sorry my quick reply turned into a life story!

~Denise