We already knew McDonalds was evil

But so far they're proving it by their latest scam - the SIP N FLIP 2 WIN promotion. I call it a scam because the only prize of any value - the $10 dstore evoucher - is impossible to claim.

The first time I tried to claim it, their site gave an sql error and wouldn't allow me to enter my details. I emailed them twice asking what could be done, and they completely ignored me. I still haven't received a reply.

The second time, with another code, I could enter my details ok, but it said I'd already registered and refused to go any further. So I still don't have a voucher. Time to call them up and call them scammers I think.

Turns out McDonalds *had* replied - but their email was picked up by my spam filter

November 4, 2003 11:06 PM

peter said:

i have been able to claim my voucher

November 10, 2003 12:55 PM

Sara Breakwell said:

I am nine years old, and was told I won $10 on my nanna's mobile, then had to look it up on the computer, where we had a hard time finding, then told that my winning letters already used.Rang the 1300 no., told to try internet again, but not able to get into correct site for a $10 voucher.My nanna says it is a scam to get u to use mobiles and computers, which all cost, and I still have not got my voucher.
This is defininately is not a suitable comp. for kids. We complained to Head Office in Adelaide.

November 10, 2003 5:24 PM

Sara Breakwell said:

We finally got an offer of a Voucher for $10., BUT it can only be used by special dStores, and only as a deduction or purchase ONLINE.
This comp.is Not FOR CHILDREN,AND THIS SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR!
I am so disgusted at the run a round I've experienced, and am in no position to use a voucher online!

November 10, 2003 6:15 PM

After my first email, they replied and gave me a special code that I could use on the dstore site, which appeared to work. I actually already had a dstore account. The next time I tried to claim the dstore voucher it told me I had already registered and gave me no way to proceed or go back. I did this three times with different claim numbers, but only one of them was ever successful. I should have four dstore vouchers, but I only have two.

November 10, 2003 6:44 PM

Shelly said:

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I got 4 different codes and all 4 worked.

December 12, 2003 1:21 PM

Lucky you. I only managed to be able to use two out of the four that I got. And then had to pay $6 postage/handling for each of the single dvds I got (because I couldn't combine the vouchers). So a $10 discount worked out to be really only a $5 discount.

December 13, 2003 11:15 PM

Corey said:

McDonalds are bastards, but we have managed to get them back check out our sit but may I apologise for the pop ups.

www.maxpages.com/coreys

December 29, 2003 1:20 PM

Shares said:

I was looking for McDonalds shares when I accidently stumbled upon this site.

It thought it was pathetic when I saw you ppl arguing over a pithy $10 to McDonalds.

I earn nearly 2 million dollars a year and I am sick to death of people trying to scam money out of the mega rich. I enjoy the luxirious life I live and I betcha my shoe collection is worth more than what you earn in a year.

I am certainly enjoying the power of my money... long live the mega rich!!

January 6, 2004 1:46 AM

Danni said:

every one here has made me feel good cuz I got about 6 sip n flip 2 win dstore vouchers and I didn't know what dstore was so I deleted all my emails and chucked out the tokens I used and untill now I haven't known what it was. I got the girlfriend showbag and got a dstore voucher and went on the website to see what it was and now I fell so annoyed that I chucked my other ones out but if they didn't work I spose thats ok then...

April 19, 2004 10:40 AM