MacGyver

Macgyver

The question was asked "what should I blog about today?" and the response was "MacGyver". So here I am, sitting at Striker's place, watching Octopussy (we just watched Roadkill hired on DVD), on the couch with Jim's old laptop, typing away. This is the life :)

Someone said someone should really get the entire MacGyver collection on DVD and we could watch that at video nights for some time into the future. Totally cool idea :) I *love* MacGyver :) I don't think I've ever seen it on DVD though - it's a bit old. I remember seeing it for the first time in 1988 (or was it 1989?) in high school thinking it was the coolest show in the world, and Richard Dean Anderson was utterly gorgeous, even with the mullet :)

For what it's worth, I also got some new fish today - a dozen neon tetras. They're very cute, although the angels have taken up chasing them instead of my betta (who I've named "Karma"). I was also going to call the two white angels Cherabim and Seraphim, and the two black ones Diablo and Lucifer, but haven't fully decided yet. Any suggestions anyone?

oooo I was just looking at IMDB and noticed they're making both a new series, *and* a movie.. how cool is that !?!? :):):)

March 9, 2003 4:35 AM

JC said:

In honor of lame ass TV shows, (sorry, couldn't resist- Macgyver always cracked me up, though I watched it anyway) how about Jamie and Steve the bionic duo for one pair, and Jonie and Cha-Chee for the other?

On the other hand, how about naming them after the four members of the A-Team? Col. John "Hannibal" Smith, Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Sgt. Bosco "Bad Attitude" Baracus, and Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock?

Okay, that was scary, but I had help.

March 9, 2003 6:00 PM

Never watched any of those shows (I half watched the A team on the odd occasion) .. :)

March 9, 2003 8:11 PM

MacGyverFan said:

Well I have put the 1st season of MacGyver on DVD. It came out pretty well. Scene selections, hidden features. 2 episodes per disc. I managed to make a DVD of the "Alantis" movie as well.

Stop by the site and check it out.

April 19, 2003 1:04 AM

luis said:

How can I buy your Macgyver DVD compilation

May 3, 2003 4:24 AM

michelle said:

dear macgyver i had a question to ask you how can you fix a dorr knob if it's broken let me know thanks michelle

how can you fix the telephone if it's not working locked the bathroom door i know how to fix it i use two paper clips
and push the botton and open it what do you think about that

May 5, 2003 7:14 AM

hehe these comments are as funny as the kazaa related ones :)

May 5, 2003 4:50 PM

tracy said:

i love the idea of macgyver on dvd but i live in england this is so un fair iused to think mac was great can anyone tell me if the uk has any please.

July 17, 2003 5:59 AM

Bob said:

FYI I just found the complete macgyver collection at www.dvdshowonline.com

September 6, 2003 9:08 AM

Michael said:

The macgyver collection at www.dvdshowonline.com is a bit pricy at $250 USD. Does anyone know where a less expensive copy is?

September 9, 2003 12:27 PM

Liz said:

I love MacGyver... I just wish it was on reruns here in Aus.... even cable here is not playing it. I reckon my 12 yo daughter would love it, she is into mysteries and impossible problems. Now if I only had a hairpin and a bag of fertilizer, I could probably maake the network(s) play it!!

September 11, 2003 11:29 PM

Yeah bring back MacGyver to Aus TV dammit!! ;)

September 12, 2003 5:22 PM

Emma said:

Have been trying REALLY hard to get the macgyver dvds, in any quantity for my partner for christmas, but it seems no-where has any. I would be interested if anyone has copies of it.Please email: elmo_emma_3@hotmail.com

September 24, 2003 1:43 AM